Talk

Advanced search

What clothes brands are "in" for professional 30 something men?

(8 Posts)
HarderToKidnap Fri 19-Oct-12 15:25:34

I want to get DH a new coat for Crimbly. He's not trendy and hates slogans but would need something well made, young looking and a bit aspirational I suppose. But I haven't a designer budget, maybe £150ish quid. Where should I start looking? Thanks.

AnnieMated Fri 19-Oct-12 15:26:20

Hackett? Ralph Lauren? GANT? Crew?

AnnieMated Fri 19-Oct-12 15:28:28

You could also try French Connection or Zara?

HarderToKidnap Fri 19-Oct-12 15:28:59

I apologise for using the word "in" as I did, in quotes. I realise that makes me instantly tragic. Also apologise for using the word "tragic".

Thanks for suggestions! Off to start trawling...

Spookey80 Fri 19-Oct-12 16:06:28

My dh loves aubin and wills. It's a kind of jack wills for grown ups. We buy online though as shops are mainly in London.

HarderToKidnap Fri 19-Oct-12 16:24:17

OK, thanks all. I have found a few contenders.

DH is 6ft, broad shoulders, has a small belly and some love handles but not enormous. He wears a suit to work which jacket would need to go over. He's 32, professional job, knows nothing of fashion and would hate to look, erm, effete or flamboyant in any way. But would like to look a bit tasty.

www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-neu-W2012/277002/907058/COAT%20WITH%20PIPED%20SEAM

www.reiss.com/mens/reiss-sale/coats-and-jackets/stoney/black/

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Man+Collections+Coats+And+Jackets/55AC8/Caliper+Waxed+Cotton+Hiker+Jacket.htm in navy

Any thoughts?

mycatlikestwiglets Fri 19-Oct-12 16:57:32

DH is 33, professional, wears suit to work, and I have always bought him Reiss coats (left to his own devices he'd go shopping about once every 5 years max). He loves them - smart, good quality and fashionable but in a classic way (and he oftens gets complimented on them). Much better than French Connection or Zara for quality imo.

KateByChristmas Fri 19-Oct-12 17:10:05

North Face maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now