Talk

Advanced search

Some waterproof shoes for winter?

(12 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Fri 19-Oct-12 11:42:23

I'm in need of some new, warm, dry shoes. I've been wearing a pair of fabric Vivo Barefoots all summer, but they (a) are knackered and (b) get drenched every time I walk across our lawn or do the school run in the rain. Very tempted by some cheapo fake Uggs but open to othr suggestions ... I have wide feet and ideally want something easy to get on and off (preferably no laces) as I generally leave the house in a rush and can struggle to reach my feet blush (hip dysplasia).

Caerlaverock Fri 19-Oct-12 11:44:16

Merrel Oslo - very warm and dry

DitaVonCheese Sun 21-Oct-12 16:28:25

They are lovely but ouching a bit at the pricetag sad

SunshineOutdoors Mon 22-Oct-12 08:54:37

£75 in some sizes here

DitaVonCheese Mon 22-Oct-12 09:19:02

Ohhhhhhhhhhh just as I'd decided on the £25 fake Uggs from Sainsbury's ...

Moredofbumsnet Mon 22-Oct-12 10:19:08

I just got these and they seem really warm and comfy so far.

DitaVonCheese Mon 22-Oct-12 10:30:33

I love the Merrells, just not sure I can justify the price, even at the bargainous £75. Every time I think I'll just go for it I think I'd be really annoyed if DH spent £75 on something frivolous.

What's the width like on the LE ones?

Moredofbumsnet Mon 22-Oct-12 10:34:48

The LE ones are narrow but not tooooo narrow.

Moredofbumsnet Mon 22-Oct-12 10:36:19

Ooooh I just realised you have wide feet Dita so maybe you should give them a miss.

DitaVonCheese Mon 22-Oct-12 10:43:20

Yes sad Though I might order some to try anyway ... Do you have black or "khaki" (it looks grey)? I like the khaki but it looks impractical ...<mum>

Moredofbumsnet Mon 22-Oct-12 12:43:39

I have black as I didn't like the way the khaki has black trim.There's a 20% off code at LE at the moment but I can't remember where I saw it.

DitaVonCheese Mon 22-Oct-12 21:02:51

Thanks - have also gone for black as I thought I might fret about mud otherwise, though I quite liked the black trim on the khaki (though don't like like the white trim on the black!). Also have a couple of other pairs of summer shoes coming blush all from the sale so thought a discount code probably wouldn't work, though did find one for free postage smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now