Talk

Advanced search

Christmas party outfit...what do you think?

(6 Posts)
ceebeegeebies Thu 18-Oct-12 21:33:21

I have 2 christmas parties to go to (the party-night type ones in hotels).

Am pondering about what to wear...I usually end up buying a new dress that I wear the once and then it sits in my wardrobe unworn again and don't want to do this.

I have a black dress that I bought a few years ago - it is quite a flattering shape but quite short and I am thinking that it would make a good tunic due to the shape/length. So, I am thinking of wearing that with a pair of bright pink jeggings from DP's (which don't look like jeans at all) and some killer black or leopard-skin heels plus chunky silver jewellery etc.

What do you think? Acceptable for a Christmas do or not?

Themilkybarisonme Thu 18-Oct-12 21:45:47

To be brutally honest I don't like it, but that might just be me. Sounds like there'd be a lot going on in that outfit.

CountryBelle Thu 18-Oct-12 22:21:26

Sorry, i cant imagine that looking good at all :-(

If anything, if u want to wear the dress / tunic you'd be better to go with black opaque tights, amazing black shoes, then statement earrings and clutch bag e.g. gold jewelled?

MushroomSoup Thu 18-Oct-12 22:45:52

I like the sound of it!

UnrequitedSkink Thu 18-Oct-12 23:04:42

yy to everything but the pink jeggings! They will downgrade your outfit instantly. Better to go with opaque tights.

Themilkybarisonme Thu 18-Oct-12 23:27:37

Good call, unrequited

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now