Talk

Advanced search

w/e away to Barcelona - what to pack????

(9 Posts)
curlyLJ Thu 18-Oct-12 20:59:12

That's it basically - going away this w/e with DH. The weather there is a bit warmer than here, so just as I have managed to overhaul my wardobe and chuck a load of stuff out and start to get cosy in leggings, opaques and high boots - this comes along and has thrown me! ('twas a lastminute thing)

Am guessing Barca is quite chic/trendy and I have NO idea what to wear...

Can anyone offer any help, what would YOU take??

curlyLJ Thu 18-Oct-12 22:48:47

anyone?

I've just spent the last hour trying on half my clothes trying to decide what to wear. As it is I am part-way through re-vamping my entire wardrobe as I am absolutely sick of a lot of it and after discovering S&B recently, it has given me lots of food for thought, however I have a long way to go yet!

Anyway, back to Barcelona - I think it's going to be pretty warm in the day (around 21 degrees) but chilly in the evenings and there is also quite a bit of rain forecast. I'm hoping I won't be out of place in my knee-high boots in the evenings teamed with a jersey dress and cardi for one night and skinny black jeans with a nice tunic top for the other...

I guess we are going to be doing a fair bit of walking in the day so was thinking straight leg jeans, converse (for comfort) and some nice T-shirts in the day.

Does that sound about right?

NerdAmigo Fri 19-Oct-12 07:42:20

This all sounds good to me. Definitely a good raincoat and a bag that goes across your body.

NulliusInBlurba Fri 19-Oct-12 08:09:19

I would say take very little (except a big empty suitcase) and then go shopping on Saturday and buy it all there! There's one street where most of the outlets are based - a great Mango outlet where you can get trousers etc for around 5 euros. And I got a wonderful pair of pull-on knee boots with a wicked heel for 15 euros in the main shopping street.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 19-Oct-12 08:10:11

Definitely a cross body bag. Lots of pick pockets.

NulliusInBlurba Fri 19-Oct-12 08:10:27

"a bag that goes across your body." - yy to that, the pickpockets are dreadful in barca. Always carry your valuables across your front so you can keep a hand on the bag.

SoldeInvierno Fri 19-Oct-12 08:27:26

I came back from there last night, and the weather is definitely still very warm (by British standards). I was wearing short sleeves day and night. However, as I got to the airport last night, it was starting to rain, so be aware.

People tend to be more trendy over there, but they are also dressing like it is middle of a Russian winter already, so you are always going to look different, so don't worry.

Take a light suitcase with lots of spare space. I only had one hour to go shopping (I was there for work) and still managed to get 10 pieces in just one shop. The clothes are amazing and still good price.

curlyLJ Fri 19-Oct-12 09:04:46

Thanks for the replies everyone and for the advice re the cross-body bag - although I had already heard that pickpocketting is a problem there, but then again a lot of european cities can be like that anyway..

I don't actually have a raincoat but maybe that's a good excuse to head for the shops grin Am going with DH though and my guess he isn't going to want to trawl the shops to a great extent, but will try to persuade him...

The forecast isn't looking great, although the temp is good, it's going to be very wet I think which is really not going to be good for my frizz-prone hair confused

MadAboutHotChoc Fri 19-Oct-12 10:43:35

Comfy shoes - you will do a lot of walking as its so compact. I would take lots of thin layers - long tshirts, fine knittted jumpers and wear over skinny/straight leg jeans. Plus a scarf for the cooler evenings.

The locals will be wearing puffa coats and jeans already.

Barca is one of my very fav cities - enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now