Talk

Advanced search

Shoe emergency - need advice! (sympathy really)

(10 Posts)
AndiMac Thu 18-Oct-12 17:25:47

I am off to a masked ball this weekend. I have my sexy red dress and have just found my sexy red shoes to wear with them. Only problem: I haven't worn the red shoes since before I was pregnant with DS 4 years ago and they no longer fit! I am both upset at my fat wide feet and also at the loss of this lovely pair of shoes to my collection.

What should I do? Take painkillers, ignore the slight toe cleavage and stuff them into the perfect pair of shoes, or wear a pair of proper fitting black and slightly but not nearly as sexy shoes?

I actually know the answer to this and plan to take the black shoes, but I want people to mourn with me the demise of my normal-sized young women feet as I now have had it confirmed. sad

TheCraicDealer Thu 18-Oct-12 17:32:31

Console yourself with the thought that if you wore the red dress with the lovely red shoes you'll look like a Clarins lady in Boots.

Could you bring the wee shoes to a cobblers and get them stretched? [hands OP tissue]

ggirl Thu 18-Oct-12 17:34:50

it's pants isn't it , my feet have never returned to the same size since before children despite my weight returning to pre-children

ebay them maybe?

AndiMac Thu 18-Oct-12 17:45:10

With the amount of cleavage on show, I have doubts that I would look like a Clarins lady, but yes, they are far too pointy for my tastes now (the grapes are souring as I type). I will probably try and eBay them, but that doesn't change the fact I'm very sad about my feet getting bigger, never to return.

Thank you for the sympathy.
<sniffs quietly whilst thinking about wailing loudly>

AndiMac Thu 18-Oct-12 18:19:05

Husband came home and was unsympathetic to my plight, saying, "Good, maybe we can get rid of a few more pair along with these".

<wails loudly>

TheCraicDealer Thu 18-Oct-12 18:29:06

Go out a get a new pair, see who's laughing then OP's DH. Muhaha!

AndiMac Thu 18-Oct-12 18:33:26

Revenge is a dish best served as a side to a new pair of shoes.

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Oct-12 18:37:46

Treat yourself to new sexy red shoes in a bigger size.

Foot expansion post pg is particularly rubbish if you are a broad 8-8.5 to start with. Two babies later I share DH's shoes (note: DH is not a transvestite).

GreenEyesAndHam Thu 18-Oct-12 18:40:22

Rest assured, no one ever looked at a woman post- kids and thought "blimey her feet have put on weight"

Small comfort, but comfort nonetheless

AndiMac Thu 18-Oct-12 19:30:20

Foot expansion is definitely one of those things that no one ever told me to expect after having kids. I did laugh at the non-tranny DH comment. I bought my last pair of running shoes from the men's department as well. GreenEyes, that comment does give some small comfort, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now