Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with ankle skimming tapered black trousers?

(8 Posts)
TellMeLater Thu 18-Oct-12 15:56:56

I bought a pair of these in Zara over the summer but nothing seems to look right....I noticed the fashion expert in the Guardian suggested heeled Mary Janes - not my thing though. I fear these trousers will never leave the hanger.

MissFoodie Thu 18-Oct-12 16:02:32

I wear ankle skimming trousers all the time, flat pumps/ballerinas

AmberNectarine Thu 18-Oct-12 17:27:29

Wearing them today. Black ballerinas for the commute, burgundy point courts for the office.

jamaisjedors Thu 18-Oct-12 17:36:39

I have some from Zara too - I roll them up a bit but now don't know what to wear them with. I have worn them with non-heeled mary janes but it's getting a bit cold for draughty ankles now...

Napoleon66 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:39:17

I wear with patent loafers in the day and black courts for going out.

TellMeLater Thu 18-Oct-12 18:10:39

I can never find ballerinas to fit - they slip off or pinch my toes, so I gave up looking...maybe loafers might be more suited to my feet and more suited to a day time casual look than heels.

AntoinetteCosway Thu 18-Oct-12 18:12:50

Pretty much anything I'd think-I wear a similar pair with flats, spindly courts, slim wedges...

ToastedTeacakes Thu 18-Oct-12 18:28:58

Black flats, loafers or brogues.
Ankle boots with a nice dip to front to lengthen leg.

I cannot get on board with the maryjane concept, personally.

Love the idea of pairing the pants with patent brogues, and a gorgeous slouchy jumper with maybe a silk shirt collar peeping out from a crew neck (please bear with my fantasy here!). Or else a loose, nicely fitting shirt or blouse, a long sleeve breton tee, a nice deep mulberry coloured linen tee....

Also would work with casual blazers, silk vest style cami's beneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now