Talk

Advanced search

Short hair ideas?

(13 Posts)
Cherrypi Thu 18-Oct-12 14:41:59

Hi all. Going to the hairdressers at 5 and in need of inspiration. Currently have a graduated bob but wear it tied back in an ugly ponytail too often. I have a 10 month old and work so needs to be very low maintenance. Hair is straight, normal and brown. Any ideas? Thanks.

Dancealot Thu 18-Oct-12 14:51:50

I had my hair cut short last Saturday. Are you at the computer? I don't think I can do links from my phone. Try googling danni minogue hair, Lisa rinna hair and Norah Jones hair. I looked at all these for styles. I went for a danni- side parting, very short back and sides and longer on top. It's great, so easy to wash and style. Good luck, hope you love whatever you have done.

Cherrypi Thu 18-Oct-12 14:56:08

Ooh thank you. I like this:
http://m.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Short+Hairstyles/Pf1__1otjIt

Dancealot Thu 18-Oct-12 15:13:53

Aw I can't get the link to work, sure it will be great. Its nice to have a change, especially with a young baby when looking after your appearance can take a bit of back seat!

Cherrypi Thu 18-Oct-12 15:22:00

It was a pic of Norah with her shorter hair.

Dancealot Thu 18-Oct-12 16:42:40

Ooh lovely! I very nearly went for that style, its short but still lovely and feminine. Hope you like it if you go for this.

Cherrypi Thu 18-Oct-12 17:51:22

I went for that length but without the fringe. Like it. Just washed it to see what it's like when it dries naturally.

Dancealot Fri 19-Oct-12 15:58:52

Sounds great Cherrypi. Hope it dries well naturally. thanks for updating, I was wondering how you got on.

issimma Fri 19-Oct-12 16:44:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purplepenguin86 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:57:02

I have mine short and I love it. It had always been long, and I cut it last summer and have never had any regrets. It's a short pixie at the moment, but it has been various styles.

Cherrypi Sun 21-Oct-12 13:50:49

I think I might go pixie next time. It still flicks out a bit despite hairdresser assuring me it would all fall into place without straighteners.

QueenieLovesEels Sun 21-Oct-12 14:03:09

Pixie is the way forward. Anne Heche sported a good one. Slightly more 'directional' on wiphairport flickr. Flicks can be an asset with this style as if gives the hair body and texture and strands to break things up if it is your thing.

Think Rihanna really suits hers at the mo but my pixie icon is Jean Seberg in Breathless.

purplepenguin86 Sun 21-Oct-12 14:38:13

Totally agree re Jean Seburg - gorgeous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now