Talk

Advanced search

Autumn Ingenue

(12 Posts)
winniemum Thu 18-Oct-12 14:23:33

Just had my colour and style done by a colour consultant, as I live in the same pair of jeans and trousers and needed some advice.
Now I want to try dresses and skirts. I can't afford to go shopping with the consultant. Anyone else found any Ingenue style dresses?

Themilkybarisonme Thu 18-Oct-12 20:16:58

Ingenue dresses? I'm really uneducated. It makes me think of "Though they said at the school of acting she was lovely as Peer Gynt, I think, on the whole, an ingenue role would emphasise her squint."

So skater type skirts might be the thing. Try oasis.
and make sure you clasp your hands together and sigh longingly when the opportunity arises

dexter73 Thu 18-Oct-12 20:21:43

Just looked up the definition of ingenue - a naive, innocent girl or woman. Not quite sure how you would dress like that? Maybe long floaty dresses.

Caerlaverock Thu 18-Oct-12 20:24:13

Why do you want to look like an ingenue?

winniemum Mon 05-Nov-12 19:15:27

LO!. The style consultants at house of colour place you in to a style category. Ingenue meaning pretty styles ie small patterns on fabrics, close fitting tops etc It helps when buying clothes as you are able to see quickly what will suit you or not. It's really worked for me.
Anyway Ingenue style dresses are quite hard to find. Thanks anyway.

winniemum Mon 05-Nov-12 19:16:22

LOL not LO!

MarshaBrady Mon 05-Nov-12 19:19:21

I don't know much about style categories but this one always makes me think of dresses with a peter pan collar.

What's your budget?

Theas18 Mon 05-Nov-12 19:21:17

There's me thinking this was a names thread!

mignonette Mon 05-Nov-12 19:25:53

I quite dread to think what my category would be.......Wild woman of Wanga maybe?

winniemum Mon 05-Nov-12 19:32:01

Yes Marsha, Peter pan collars, that type of thing. Budget is not too bad , can't afford too expensive though!
Umm Wild woman of Wanga sounds interesting.

RarelyUnreasonable Mon 05-Nov-12 20:11:41

Tea dresses with ditsy patterns? No idea where from though. [helpful]

Gillybobs Mon 05-Nov-12 21:20:21

I've a few friends who've been diagnosed as ingenue types. They favour small prints, lace detailing, skirts with movement rather than fitted or pencil skirt shapes. Also lots of small scale jewellery can really help. If you could describe it as pretty, it's probably ingenue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now