Advanced search

Tall fashion disaster seeking help

(38 Posts)
Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 13:30:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 13:34:01

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 13:45:05

I prefer the last link jacket - first one is a bit too riding jacket imo.

I feel your pain - I have just sent a load of stuff back to Next as it was all too short <sigh>

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 13:57:54

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 13:59:31

There was a long thread the other day about LTS and tall women and lack of choice etc. Someone was going to meet with LTS and give feedback. I'll see if I can find it...

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 14:01:44

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 14:03:28

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 14:07:26

Love that dress and love the coat in dark grey!

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 14:17:44

AgathaFusty Thu 18-Oct-12 14:22:29

What sort of clothing are you looking for/in need of? Coat or jacket, casual day stuff, or work clothes? Shoes/boots? Also, how tall are you, roughly what sort of size? There are lots of us here that are tall, if we could work out what sort of outfits you wanted, maybe we could put some ideas together for you?

Baskets45 Thu 18-Oct-12 14:22:43

I like the long coat v much, and 'shutter' dress is very stylish. What on earth is a 'shutter' dress? Is it the dress or the neckline? hmm I think padded coat thing might suit - it is lovely - but depends on your individual build. eg I am a fatty so it would make me look fatter! I don't like riding jacket thing, but that's just me. I don't think LTS sell horses too? grin Anyway they'd have to be very tall horses.

Can you go to a shop shop and try on? I think buying online very difficult and time consuming if you aren't sure what suits you. The trick - and I am 51 and only just learning - seems to be in finding out what suits you and then going for that style, in maybe a few colours. Not an option with LTS, it seems. Several of those items you lookedat are dark. You can maybe brighten/change an outfit with scarves and jewellery. A long dark coat like the one shown is very 'classic' and useful till it falls apart IMO.

Some mainland European firms cater for tall women, I think. Not sure if I know any names though. I am thinking of Danish and German clothes firms. I'll see if I can find out more. I'm only slightly tall myself (5' 9 almost), but have tall sons so more difficult for them.

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 14:32:24

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 14:34:08

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 14:35:44

I was looking at Old Navy on line the other day - wish they delivered to the uk!

Baskets45 Thu 18-Oct-12 14:44:02

Another thing is to write/create (does anyone except me write these days?!) list of what you need and then seek out what will fit the bill. So it sounds like shutter dress and long coat would fit one bill as it were, then you need jeans and tops for casual stuff. And a casual yet smart shorter jacket/coat for everyday wear. I suppose if you find jeans that suit you, then you'll need to get 2 pairs at least.

Northumberlandlass Thu 18-Oct-12 15:00:12

Oh hello - yes, I was due to visit LTS on Monday (22nd) but the Network Manager I was due to meet has to be at head office for another meeting. So, it's been cancelled sad

I am hoping to rearrange for the end of November.

I used to be very reliant on LTS but I couldn't tell you the last thing I bought from them...I tend to put up with slightly short sleeves & buy trousers / jeans / dresses from Next Tall, TopShop Tall and DP.

Northumberlandlass Thu 18-Oct-12 15:06:13

Here is the link Valium

LTS Thread

valiumredhead Thu 18-Oct-12 15:18:14

Oh thanks north smile

Biggem Thu 18-Oct-12 16:07:09

Marks spot as in similar position (after baby appears!) and was on the last thread about lack of decent tall affordable
Clothes anywhere, let alone LTS
wink

QuiteOldGal Thu 18-Oct-12 16:28:35

Dorothy Perkins tall and Next tall jeans and trousers come up very long I think. Certainly too long for me and I am 5'10''. I think they are about 35 - 36 leg, and also cheaper than LTS.

oohdaddypig Thu 18-Oct-12 16:34:59

I find LTS jeans good quality.

Really dislike their tops though. Just odd fit and quality. <wish they would ask my advice for suggestions. they used to be great>

I find Next Tall generally too short, and I'm not as tall as you. Have had some great fitting stuff from Zara and Top Shop Tall. Also New Look tall can be OK.

I am amazed there isn't more choice for us tall girls. There must be a huge market out there! I basically live with sleeves contantly being a little too short. It's very annoying.

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 16:37:14

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 16:38:03

oohdaddypig Thu 18-Oct-12 16:44:56

great idea ask We all know what we want to wear! NOT polyester, frumpy tops LTS - d'you hear that?

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 16:46:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now