Talk

Advanced search

If your hair was falling out. What would you do?

(9 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Thu 18-Oct-12 07:25:14

Well that's it really. I have a form of allopecia. It won't ever grow back.

I have a bald patch 3inch long on back of my head.

Shoulder length brown hair.

This is really getting me down.

I now feel the only thing I can do is have my hair up so to hide it.

Shall I shave it all off and wear a wig?

Sleepthief Thu 18-Oct-12 07:35:38

I think I would probably work on a variety of up-dos that disguised it, rather than opting for a wig - cant imagine it's very comfortable... Sorry it's getting you down, though sad

Annianni Thu 18-Oct-12 13:19:49

Don't shave it off.
What does your hairdresser suggest, depending on where the patch is, is there any way of having a few extensions put in, to help cover it?

Apologies if that's a daft idea smile

I think there's been another thread about hair loss in the past couple of weeks, maybe have a look there?

Pinot Thu 18-Oct-12 13:53:56

Oh OWO, sorry to hear this. Are you sure it's not baby hormones doing it for you? (and am hoping you are who I think you are and that makes sense).

Pinot Thu 18-Oct-12 13:54:20

Oh OWO, sorry to hear this. Are you sure it's not baby hormones doing it for you? (and am hoping you are who I think you are and that makes sense).

Pinot Thu 18-Oct-12 13:54:38

sorry for double post. fecking laptop SHIPTOP

OnlyWantsOne Thu 18-Oct-12 14:41:41

Pinot, lovey hello smile

No sadly not baby related this has been happening over last two years.

Hmmm

OnlyWantsOne Thu 18-Oct-12 14:42:12

Oh and it's right on the crown of my head. Luckily it hasn't reached my parting yet

Pinot Thu 18-Oct-12 15:59:30

Oh that's just rubbish. Alopecia is just cruel, IMHO. There is loads of support sites list here but I'm-a-guessing you've looked into this already. I so wish I had advice/wisdom/help for you. If it helps, you are v pretty indeed so keep smiling and no-one should even notice <hope that's not as lame as I fear it to be> BIG KISS X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now