Talk

Advanced search

estee lauder double wear light?

(16 Posts)
Turquoiseblue Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:43

Anyone use this ? i have normal/ combination skin ...still on my foundation hunt! Tried it on today and was impressed bought it but then at home i m a little unsure about using it at home, am afraid if i open the package and then dont like it it will be 30 quid down the drain!

lurkingaround Wed 17-Oct-12 22:43:15

I use it all the time. I have oily skin, and I have tried oooh, almost every foundation on the market. This is the best. It stays on, looks very good on, and while I shine thru, blotting and a bit of powder and yes, make up is still there.

The only gripe I have is that the colours are fairly limited, and a bit too pink for me. But it's still a definite thumbs-up from me.

mrscumberbatch Wed 17-Oct-12 22:45:26

I didn't like DW light as I find it too greasy and the tones a bit too orangey for me on the pale palette.

So opposite from lurking lol.

I live in Doublewear though, I sometimes mix it with a little moisturizer for a lighter look but it's the only thing that stays on and doesn't go shiny.

Willowme Wed 17-Oct-12 22:48:04

Used to wear DW but it was far too heavy for me DW light is perfect I think, just enough coverage without that really makeupy mask look.

lurkingaround Wed 17-Oct-12 22:50:01

I found I was mask-like or waxworks model-like in the ordinary double wear, it's so heavy. Never thought of diluting it with moisturiser. Duh.

It is a shame about the shades in the DW light.

Northumberlandlass Thu 18-Oct-12 08:22:59

I wear DW Light & DW together....I have awful red spider veins on my cheeks & around my nose. So all over coverage of my face in DW light (I am v pale and the fairest shade is fine, plus I don't use powder & it lasts all day - but I like a dewy look) and across my horrid pink cheeks I apply DW. Its brilliant.

I used to spend ages trying to find the right concealer and it was always thick & because tubes/pots are so tiny, very expensive. I know I pay a bit for this, but I actually only use a tiny amount of DW and get amazing cover.

Eliza22 Thu 18-Oct-12 08:29:21

I have been a consistent DW Light person. Then, I called into my local store to buy the Aeromatte powder. Whilst there, there was a big display on original Double Wear because they've added more shades. The lady gave me two samples despite my saying I'd tried and not liked it, as it made me look ashy and "dead".

Wore it yesterday. Perfect skin shade match. Lasted all day and evening (where with my DW Light, I'd need a big touch up). I'm pretty pleased. I didn't pile it on and it looks good.

Estée Lauder will always do samples for you to try. Usually, in a couple of shades so go, get some and try. Won't cost you a thing.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 18-Oct-12 08:42:52

I love DW but not DW light as too greasy for my combo skin. I have recently changed to YSL Touché Éclat foundation which is gorgeous.

MarianForrester Thu 18-Oct-12 08:52:33

northumberlandlass I also use both; thought I was only one smile

I have pale dry skin. I mix the lightest DW with the lightest DW light in the winter, which sorts out the too dark problem of the DW light. I agree they need to do more shades.

I find this gives a really nice soft finish which stays on.

Northumberlandlass Thu 18-Oct-12 11:05:40

<high five's Marian>

I agree EL are great at providing samples - I get compliments on how fab my skin looks and it's ALL down to DW - believe me. I certainly don't need powder on top though.

yellowbottle Thu 18-Oct-12 15:29:19

I have both. I have only just started wearing foundation every day and find that both DW and DW light dunk into every crevice in my skin and off my face by lunch time. What am I doing wrong here? I bought a primer today so will try that underneath. I have dry skin but use a moisturiser before applying and allow it time to sink in.

yellowbottle Thu 18-Oct-12 15:31:30

I have both. I have only just started wearing foundation every day and find that both DW and DW light dunk into every crevice in my skin and off my face by lunch time. What am I doing wrong here? I bought a primer today so will try that underneath. I have dry skin but use a moisturiser before applying and allow it time to sink in.

lemontruffles Thu 18-Oct-12 15:41:29

Double wear light here. Have only recently started wearing this, and am a total convert. Have combination skin, and
find most foundations go shiny, but this one stays lovely and matt all day. Also have v pale skin and like the pale colour too.

Lots of compliments too. Love it.

Turquoiseblue Thu 18-Oct-12 16:07:01

Really liked dw when I had it on yesterday but was a bit put off as they had no samples so I had to buy the whole thing. Am going to pop to another store today and see if I can get a sample of it to try at home. Can't understand why they wouldn't give samples yesterday - grrrr!
I was a little put off yesterday whe she was putting it on me though as she went into a whole rigmarole of cleanse tone moosturise serum eye serum eye cream etc - I didn't like the serum it felt horrible so am keen to see of it ll work with just my moisturiser and normal eye cream at home.

Eliza22 Thu 18-Oct-12 18:53:16

Hmmm.... It's tough to get off. I used my usual cleanser and its still there!!

But then, it does last! Can't have it all ways!

RatherContrary Thu 18-Oct-12 19:15:57

I got some samples of DW and DWL last week and thought they both looked okay in HOF but got home and realised they both make me look orange. Bright tango orange. Shame as I do like the feel (once I applied them myself without the whole cleanse, cream, serum thing they had going on in the shop). They need more shades for sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now