Talk

Advanced search

Please help with accessories for this dress (winter wedding)

(5 Posts)
Francois Wed 17-Oct-12 20:18:20

Hi

I have bought this dress here to wear to a wedding in December and had planned on wearing with black opaques for church (maybe nude tights for wedding breakfast), black courts, black clutch and a black blazer primarily because all I'd need to buy was a blazer. Now after reading a few threads on here I got the impression matching everything colour wise isn't great and also I'm worried it will look too workwear. Can anyone suggest alternatives? Am on a tight budget so can't go mad either =(

Thanks

Themilkybarisonme Wed 17-Oct-12 20:22:54

I would say to go with the black accessories but nude rights throughout (thinking Duchess of Cambridge here) plus blazer in another monochrome - grey or white. Or if you want the black blazer try another strong contrasting colour for a scarf or corsage. I like the second idea. Yep smile

Themilkybarisonme Wed 17-Oct-12 20:34:21

If you could get a yellow scarf or clutch that might do the job. Or a big yellow flower brooch on black blazer. You could wear black opaque tights (not rights) and black shoeboots?

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:37:01

I wouldn't wear a black blazer, I would go for a pashmina, bit more glam.

Francois Wed 17-Oct-12 20:39:01

Thanks. Like idea of a grey blazer. I need something on top to keep warm as I imagine it will be freezing. My brothers wedding was same time of year and it was cold!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now