Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof coat (aka an anorak!) for DH

(7 Posts)
LarkinSky Wed 17-Oct-12 16:24:18

Ok, following on from the best winter coats for women thread, I'm searching for a waterproof coat for DH.

He doesn't have time to shop himself, but keeps getting wet walking the dog/cycling to work etc in his old anorak. Ideally it'll be less than £100 in a sale, but high-performance fabric, i.e. really water and wind-proof. DH is 33, likes blue, grey, black shades rather than red or bright colours,already has a ski jacket, fleeces and a smart wool coat, so rather than warmth he needs an all-round waterproof that would serve from September to April, that he can cycle to work in.

I'm drawn to North Face because I have a beloved Arctic Parka, but have heard the brand is not necessarily worth the money; and may be over my budget.

I did find this North Face discount website, but not sure it's legit, and also they don't allow returns: www.northfaceukonline.co.uk. Has anyone used it - why are they selling £200 North Face coats for £60?

Any suggestions for other brands or coats? Thanks!

dexter73 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:40:14

That is a fake North Face site.
My dh has a padded, waxed Barbour jacket that he wears in the winter. It is warm, waterproof and windproof. I will try and have a look for something similar.

dexter73 Wed 17-Oct-12 19:49:11

Something a bit like this.

My DH has a Barbour similiar to this one.

dexter73 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:00:27

Yep my dh has one like that too! He has 5 Barbours...

LarkinSky Wed 17-Oct-12 21:05:39

Thanks for confirming my suspicions re that North Face site - the coats on it did seem to be old stock, so I wondered if it could be a genuine outlet but wasn't sure.

The Barbours look v practical and warm, but I think DH wants something sporty, with a hood - that'll work both on dog walks and cycling through town to the office.

grin Dexter. DH is inordinately fond of his hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now