Talk

Advanced search

Teeth whitening home kits that work?

(20 Posts)
FunBagFreddie Wed 17-Oct-12 16:14:09

Does anyone know of any decent home teeth whitening kits that can sort out a lifetime's addiction to strong filter coffee and the odd fag? I am terrified of dentists and want to do it myself!

snickers251 Wed 17-Oct-12 16:18:00

Oooh watching with interest with my horrid teeth that I feel I could now attempt whitening now I'm no longer smoking!!

FunBagFreddie Wed 17-Oct-12 16:22:11

snickers251, well done you for stopping smoking! Hopefully someone is an expert in sorting out manky teeth.

Flippityjig Wed 17-Oct-12 16:22:55

Watching with interest too!

runamile Wed 17-Oct-12 18:05:25

I recently purchased a kit from my dentist. It cost over two hundred pounds but I must say it works and have found myself far more confident about smiling! They took photos and showed the before and after. Even my 5 year old daughter noticed! You do have to go to the dentist though as they do an impression of your teeth first.

Charliefox Wed 17-Oct-12 18:11:08

Crest strips are fab

BadgersGhostlyRetreatWoo Wed 17-Oct-12 18:11:41

i did the same as runanile - worked v well but i had v sensitive teeth for while afterwards

(and by v sensitive i mean breathing in made them jangle!)

fancynancypants Wed 17-Oct-12 18:13:30

Crest whitestrips premium are AMAZING. Absolutely definitely work and cost less than twenty quid off ebay IRC.

Kinora Wed 17-Oct-12 18:14:00

I suppose it depends on what you want to spend and what results you want.

I bought a "Brilliant" kit from Superdrug. It was only £4 or so. It came with gel which you put on a shield and pop in your mouth twice a day for a week. You don't get Hollywood white teeth results but it did lighten my teeth by a couple of shades. There was a definite result and my teeth did look cleaner.

Littlemisspoorly Wed 17-Oct-12 18:20:21

Wasn't there a worry about the effect of the bleach on the gums at one time hmm

FunBagFreddie Wed 17-Oct-12 19:35:17

Wasn't there a worry about the effect of the bleach on the gums at one time hmm

On which ones? The one from the dentist doesn't sound that great tbh, I've already got sensitive teeth.

dogrilla Wed 17-Oct-12 19:53:46

Crest Strips Crest Strips Crest Strips! My teeth were really quite ratty and yellow before I got a box off eBay. A year later they are still lovely and white.

Littlemisspoorly Fri 19-Oct-12 19:17:32

I'm not sure they mentioned specific brands but just said be careful of bleach. You may be able to do an internet search for the info, Fun

troubador Fri 19-Oct-12 19:18:14

crest white strips!

FunBagFreddie Fri 19-Oct-12 20:03:56

Thanks. smile

iloveeverton Fri 19-Oct-12 20:37:49

another saying crest white strips!

Yorkgirl7 Fri 08-Feb-13 11:15:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bettybleep Fri 08-Feb-13 11:32:11

Peroxyl, from supermarkets and chemists, works quite well.. You use it 3xday for 7 days, then just for maintenance after that. Don't gargle with it though, cos it contains peroxide which may disrupt the bacterial balance of your mouth, and give you thrush of the Tongue.

GavinRoss Fri 24-May-13 12:00:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bexicles Fri 24-May-13 15:02:32

Have you considered oil pulling? I started doing it about three month ago and the stains on my teeth have disappeared. My gums also look very healthy. I use coconut oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now