Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear nude shoes and tan tights in October?

(9 Posts)
Christmas78 Wed 17-Oct-12 15:27:07

or is it too summery for October? I have an event and was going to wear them with a bright blue dress, and a smartish tan coloured trench coat.

ToastedTeacakes Thu 18-Oct-12 19:49:23

For an event, why not?
For running to catch a bus to Asda, I'd perhaps pass.

Always different for evening wear. Many people dress up (in less) for evening do's and the likes, often without tights at all. Go for it!

PrincessOfChina Thu 18-Oct-12 19:50:08

I dislike opaques as evening wear full stop.

Anything sheer and dark is a crime to fashion IMO.

Caerlaverock Thu 18-Oct-12 19:51:20

Nude shoes are so over

ToastedTeacakes Thu 18-Oct-12 19:53:33

Tan tights much better if worn at night though - for day they tend to look a bit weird (prosthetic limb-ish) if you know what I mean. The glamour of evening masks them!

PrincessOfChina Thu 18-Oct-12 19:54:36

I know what you mean, but fortunately it's winter soon and light for approximately half an hour each day, so hopefully no one will notice!

ToastedTeacakes Thu 18-Oct-12 19:58:26

I have this lovely tweed Brora pencil skirt that I like to wear in winter, but it simply does NOT go with any type/colour of tights that I own.

This topic interests me.
First world problem I know, but I'm troubled by tights in general grin

What do we do in winter if we want to wear a skirt without the standard black opaque? And yes, I am hijacking. Sorry.

PrincessOfChina Thu 18-Oct-12 20:00:34

I wear either nude tights or opaques. I have some woolly ribbed tights too.

I am not afraid to wear nude tights in winter - but my office is usually boiling tbh.

clabsyqueen Thu 18-Oct-12 20:20:54

So sorry but no you can't wear nude shoes and tan tights in October, nor in any other month IMO. The only thing to wear with tweed skirts are knee high boots. Don't do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now