Talk

Advanced search

I want a new piercing...

(72 Posts)
Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:21:36

I don't know what, or why - but I keep thinking about it. Is 29 too old for a new one?

Any suggestions welcome... Failing that talk me out of it please!

cazza40 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:30:08

29 is definitely not too old ! An extra one in your ear ?

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:32:07

grin Whereabouts? I have a tragus already... I love it.

Sl1nkyMalinki Wed 17-Oct-12 13:34:44

I hope I'm not too old! I'm going to celebrate finishing my breast feeding career (dd at 18 months and DS at 27 mo!) with a nipple piercing grin From online advice I need to wait 6 weeks so that's 2 weeks to go.

When dd is old enough to have her ears pierced I'll have my second holes redone I think.

Does tragus hurt a lot?

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:37:17

Tragus didn't hurt at all! I was waiting for him to say he was about to go in with the needle when he said "Done!" Couldn't believe how painless it was.

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:38:48

Good luck with nipple piercing ;)

I'm sort of veering towards a tiny nose stud, but is that a bit too '90s?

Sl1nkyMalinki Wed 17-Oct-12 13:41:10

Oo, there's another to add to my list then grin I sleep on my right side so I'd get the left done, I always find sleeping on a new piercing excruciating! My second belly hole made me cry one morning when for some reason I'd slept on my front confused

Sl1nkyMalinki Wed 17-Oct-12 13:43:12

I would love a nose stud, I am a 90's girl though! Sadly I agreed with DH no facial piercingly sad

Sl1nkyMalinki Wed 17-Oct-12 13:43:41

Piercingly?! Lol. Obviously *piercings

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:02:50

Hmm... that's the thing I like about the tragus - it's visible but subtle as often hidden behind hair, plus people don't tend to look at your ears. Nose piercings are just that little bit too obvious and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable. DH on the other hand wouldn't mind at all.

Temped to get the other tragus done, but I like the lack of symmetry in having one done!

FiercePanda Wed 17-Oct-12 14:07:01

I really want my tragus done, just takes me ages to work up the courage to go under a needle. I got my first tattoo last April and coped fine, took almost three hours and I didn't flinch once so surely I'd be fine with a wee tragus piercing?!

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:11:44

You'd definitely be fine, I'm sure a tattoo would hurt more. The piercer said tragus is one of the least painful piercings. It was over SO quickly and I'd been dreading it.

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:12:59

What else do you want to get done Sl1nky?

Wetthemogwai Wed 17-Oct-12 14:17:10

I love my tragus! It keeps a bit of me and stops me going completely mumsy grin

Have you got loads in your ears already?

SchrodingersMew Wed 17-Oct-12 14:18:50

I have my cheeks pierced but I know that's a bit much for most.

Nape? Easy hide and interesting.

3mily Wed 17-Oct-12 14:23:29

I love the septum piercing and it is probably the only piercing I want now. Not a huge ring just a small one - plus it can be flipped inside the nose and hidden, bonus!

Most of my piercings have healed up now sadly sad

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:36:45

I only have lobes once each, plus one tragus done, so there's plenty of free earspace! Am also considering forward helix...

I think cheeks would be a bit bold for me, and not sure about nape. Think I'm inclined to play it fairly safe!

NettoSpookerstar Wed 17-Oct-12 14:39:11

Web between your thumb and first finger?
I want my nipple redone.

SchrodingersMew Wed 17-Oct-12 14:41:07

What about a microdermal instead of a piercing then? You could put one pretty much anywhere. They are very common on the finger and the wrist.

SummerRain Wed 17-Oct-12 14:48:01

I have a labret and still love it (am 28, 3 kids)

I've also had my nipple done, want to get it redone but I'm not sure it can be pierced again (has been pierced twice already)

I have tonnes in my earlobes and a cartilage piercing but would love a tragus, it's next on my list.

Tbh, I'm still sad I had to take my nose piercing tv out last ear, after 11 years it seemed to be damaging the cartilage around it... I'm seriously contemplating getting the other side done in the hope I get another 11 year's!

MrsMeow Wed 17-Oct-12 16:29:43

Aw I was going to say your tragus but you've already got it done! I love mine.

What about your lip? I'd love a teeny tiny one off to the side, but can't due to my training unfortunately sad

chaosisawayoflife Wed 17-Oct-12 17:06:45

I saw a picture of a triple forward helix which looked amazing, but I'm not sure mine are big enough for 3 piercings.

Meta4 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:58:23

Hmm I like the triple forward helix... Assume you don't get them all done at the same time though...?!

I think anything other than ears or poss nose is a little too hardcore for me!

KurriKurri Wed 17-Oct-12 20:18:53

I hope 29 isn't too old, - I'm 52 and planning to treat myself to a new one for my birthday. Mine will be a second lobe one - a bit higher up, or maybe a tragus - I like your idea of having just one, that sounds really good.

mrscumberbatch Wed 17-Oct-12 20:33:53

I took most of my piercings out. Didn't feel like they really 'sat' with me feeling like a mum.

I still have my stretched ears, tragus and sometimes a vertical labret.

I won't be getting any more though, something about it just feels a bit tragic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now