School run dress/ PTA dress...you know you have them

(27 Posts)
PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 11:36:34

Right I've seen this and this
What do you all think and give me your runners and riders please

minicc Wed 17-Oct-12 13:09:26

Ooooh love them both. Get them and feedback please!grin

member Wed 17-Oct-12 13:13:12

Not sure about the labial - look pockets on the 2nd one...

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 14:07:42

I like the pockets there....

spicandspan Wed 17-Oct-12 14:08:37

Yuk

bawabod Wed 17-Oct-12 14:26:58

Got the cocoon dress it is really easy to wear but did not like the gold coloured Zip at the back, but the simplicity of the style made it look really quite luxurious. I have worn it with ballet pumps and DMs so really flexible dress. Buy

Caerlaverock Wed 17-Oct-12 14:29:41

Don't like the gold button detail on the crossover dress, other one is good

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 15:49:08

Why the gold bits?
Ffs
grin spicandspan

Caerlaverock Wed 17-Oct-12 16:19:59

Gold bits makes it speziale innit. Maybe you could accessorise with a waterfall cardie to hide gold

nipersvest Wed 17-Oct-12 16:33:48

isn't a waterfall cardi and mumsnet cardinal sin?? i'd ditch the gold and swap the button for something else. like the cocoon dress.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:00:35

Getting back to dresses....

Seen any?

I've worn this a lot

SilverCharm Wed 17-Oct-12 19:15:38

I like that one MissBeehiving love the neck. But do I need to have really small hips? I'm a pear shaped size 12.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:24:52

Oo I've just been looking there and like this

I'm a 10/12 apple and not snake hipped and the waistband sits just below belly button level. I think that it would be fine - it's not clingy.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:26:32

bit nightdress maybe but I like

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:28:03

for under my gut

ZuleikaJambiere Wed 17-Oct-12 19:29:20

Silvercharm I'm a pear shape and ordered that dress, and I thought it flattered my figure. However I decided to exchange it for this one, as it's a bit longer and I'm self conscious about my lower thigh too. The downside is that it doesn't come in as many beautiful colours as MissBeehiving's dress

PerryCombover Wed 17-Oct-12 19:31:22

Will the elastic make you look gufty?

I think that LaRedoute have some nice stuff in this year, I got a a great cashmere sweater which looks shit in the picture but actually is lovely for about £20 after I used a discount code. And it was delivered in less than 6 months <falls over> although I'm STILL WAITING for a navy lace skirt <shakes fist at LR delivery>

Zuleika - I thought that one looked lovely too - how long is it on you and how tall are you?

Perry - I think the elastic covers up the gufty bits.

The first one is a bit strange and frumpy looking irl which is a shame as it did seem quite promising. But I think you are a fair bit taller than me so it might be okay.

Like the look of the second one a lot.

Caerlaverock Wed 17-Oct-12 20:11:02

All those la redoute dress are horrid. Just wear trews

SilverCharm Wed 17-Oct-12 21:21:44

Trousers aren't always comfortable or flattering for everyone though. I look better in a dress.

ZuleikaJambiere Wed 17-Oct-12 22:09:38

Trousers don't even fit me, let alone suit me. Stupid short legs

MissBeehiving I'm 5'4 and the dress comes to about an inch or so above my knee. I also ordered this, (yes, I got carried away!!) which is the best length for me (just above the knee) and the button detail on the sleeves is really lovely. But clings, rather than skims, my tummy. So yes, the elastic is the most flattering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now