Talk

Advanced search

Help please! First night out after DS was born - what to wear?!

(3 Posts)
maybunny Tue 16-Oct-12 18:31:56

DH and I are off out to a party in Brighton soon - dancing and cocktails with a DJ in a hired public venue and I have no idea what to wear! The night will be full of London media types who are much cooler than me, especially with the state I am in after having DS 7 weeks ago.
I am 34, 5'3 and a size 14 (not lost all the baby weight yet!) with hazel eyes, light brown hair and light olive toned skin. I tend to wear a lot of black, brown, berry colours. I usually wear dresses for nights out and have some nice black suede shoe boots I could wear with thick black tights. Budget of about £100 for a dress, bit more for separates.
Any ideas please as confidence is quite low at the moment!
Thank you

MaBaya Tue 16-Oct-12 18:40:31

Shift dress or forgiving but dressy tunic, thick black tights, the shoes you mentioned, fab jewellery/makeup/hair. Sorted!

minicc Tue 16-Oct-12 19:16:52

How about some berry coloured tregging/skinny jeans and a peplum top? Lots in warehouse and zara. Would look lovely with shoe boots and a MASSIVE clutch bag. Get your hair blow dried and a manicure and you'll feel right at home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now