Talk

Advanced search

Should I keep them?

(10 Posts)
Evap00 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:22:37

I just got home with my new ankle boots from Office; was planning on getting a pair of Ash Jalouses but once I tried them they didn't look right on me... Anyway, I just took the boots out of their box and realised that they are not leather but PU ... v disappointed as for £65 I would have certainly expected them to be made of leather sad

Problem is, I really love their shape and have been looking for something I likedfor ages but I hate the thought of spending that amount of money on a pair of what it basically is plastic boots .... what would you do?

JodieHarsh Tue 16-Oct-12 17:26:30

Oh no no no no. You cannot spend that on PU shoes. I feel your pain, honest, but it's simply not worth the aggro having cheap shoes unless they actually WERE cheap if you see what I mean...

JuliaFlyte Tue 16-Oct-12 17:28:44

Send them back, you'll find a similar style in Topshop in leather for the same price

Annianni Tue 16-Oct-12 17:34:01

Don't office just do an exchange or credit note? Or have they changed their return policy?

But yes, to returning them.

Evap00 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:40:26

Thanks all, I should really return them, it has put me off them really, even if they do look like leather and it would only me knowing they are not.

Office doesn't do refunds? ... Really?! I don't want a credit note or voucher..... arrrgghh what a mess!!

Jaeme Tue 16-Oct-12 17:44:39

Office stopped doing refunds a few years back they only do exchange or credit note now unless you ordered online.

Evap00 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:47:35

Oh nooo... that's rubbish!! So I'm stuck with Office then? Is that even legal? What if I say that their sales person said they were leather, would that change anything?

Really annoyed now... last time I spend any money in Office again..ggrrrr

HyvaPaiva Tue 16-Oct-12 17:53:46

These are leather at Topshop and cheaper. Please don't say a sales person claimed they were leather, you could get someone in real trouble at work!

Evap00 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:14:11

Hyva - love those boots but was trying to avoid suede as way too delicate...

Need to decide now whether to choose something else from Office or getting a credit note .... does anyone know for how long are they valid? If it's a year lond I might just do that and look at Topshop for other options in the meanwhile as many of you suggested.

Still very annoyed angry, especially with myself for not noticing that they weren't leather.....

justasecond Tue 16-Oct-12 22:19:01

thats a shocking price for PU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now