Talk

Advanced search

Your number one hand cream?

(16 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Tue 16-Oct-12 16:36:10

All of a sudden, my hands are dire .... So,SO dry. I've been using a L'occitane cream for the past couple of days , which does the trick for the hour or so after applying but I need better because I can't do hourly applications!

greenhill Tue 16-Oct-12 17:27:44

Body Shop Hemp hand cream is the best. It smells wonderful and a little goes a very long way.

Pancakeflipper Tue 16-Oct-12 17:29:54

I like Clarins as it makes my nails grow. But I also use the Body Shop Hemp one when my hands are really dry. It stinks abit. But it's magic. I know some farmers who use it.

JuliaFlyte Tue 16-Oct-12 17:30:57

My hands were in a terrible state last winter, I got a bottle of almond oil and it was better than any hand cream I have ever used. I kept it in the kitchen and applied it several times a day.

MrsEdinburgh Tue 16-Oct-12 17:32:34

Soap & Glory Hand Food is the bees knees for my hands.

Apparentlychilled Tue 16-Oct-12 17:34:21

Horrifically expensive (it was a present), but brilliant- Creme de la Mer.

ggirl Tue 16-Oct-12 17:35:51

I second greenhill , body shop hemp cream is the business , I have used clarins and l'occitane and it's much better than those two.

whoneedstosleep Tue 16-Oct-12 17:37:06

Body shop hemp here too. It even works on my poor nurse hands!

peachypips Tue 16-Oct-12 17:38:55

Hemp!

MardyBra Tue 16-Oct-12 17:44:11

I hate the smell of the hemp cream though.

seabuckthorn Tue 16-Oct-12 17:51:47

The body shop hemp one

miaowmix Tue 16-Oct-12 17:55:17

Clarins Hand & Nail treatment cream, but also, an amazing tip for v dry hands is to use Udder balm or bag balm en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm. It does rather reek though!

Want2bSupermum Tue 16-Oct-12 17:59:37

I agree the clarins hand and nail treatment cream is very good but it isn't cheap. I also keep tubes of norwegian hand cream next to the sinks at home and in my bag.

MorrisZapp Tue 16-Oct-12 18:00:35

I've been slathering on flexitol cracked heel balm and putting cotton gloves on at night.

My hands are beyond the help of mere hand cream. I think I'll get some hemp cream for day though. I hate the smell of it but I'm desperate.

The flexitol smells a bit medicinal but quite nice. I also scored some compeed foot cream in the pound shop. My hands are very gradually getting better.

HyvaPaiva Tue 16-Oct-12 18:01:35

Another vote for Clarins

EldonAve Tue 16-Oct-12 18:04:42

I like the clinique & aveda hand creams

I also have steroid cream from the GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now