Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

where do you buy girls tights from, coloured ones?

(19 Posts)
whiteandyelloworchid Tue 16-Oct-12 14:51:32

i need hot pink, purple, brown, navy

and some nnice ones like spotty multi coloured or striepy

whiteandyelloworchid Tue 16-Oct-12 22:15:03

? bumpity bumo

tiredteddy Tue 16-Oct-12 22:19:49

H&M or next seem to gave bright tights and patterns. Think I saw some nice selections in M&S too.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 16-Oct-12 22:27:23

I got a pack of navy hot pink and grey in Monsoon

doublenougat Tue 16-Oct-12 22:30:26

I have bought tights for my daughters from loads of places over the years and the best ones are probably H+M. i dont buy anything else from there, but received a recommendation about their girls' tights and think they are the best and are reasonably priced. Try to avoid tumbling them dry. My daughters are tall but I dont have to size-up the way I would routinely do with Boden etc ( and for what it's worth, I think mini-boden tights are not great!)

GobblersKnob Tue 16-Oct-12 22:32:56

Always H&M, they are fab.

HumpheadWrasse Tue 16-Oct-12 22:32:56

Just got some hot pink ones and some stripy ones and spotty ones from George at Asda.

Stevie77 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:37:14

Absolutely anywhere from Primark to Asda, Boots to M&S, next and Gap.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 16-Oct-12 22:40:19

Country Kids are the best but they're ££.

SrirachaGhoul Tue 16-Oct-12 22:44:30

H&M definitely. In N. America and they are the best I've found here too.

kiwidreamer Wed 17-Oct-12 12:54:31

I got a two pair pack from Matalan a few weeks back, hot pink with multi coloured dots and a navy pair with a hot pink / light pink / white / navy stripe - they are really neat!!! Seem to be washing well, were about £4 for the pair.

I also got plain soft pink and plain grey for slightly less £.

A three pack from Verbaudet turned up last night, had forgotten it was on back order doh, it was £13 for three pairs in a dark purple, light mauvey purple and a teal. I will keep them as the teal is PERFECT for a dress DD has and purple is always a winner so I think she is sorted for tights now!

Millie1 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:07:56

DTs have a drawer full of John Lewis, Benetton, Boden for the months ahead! Nice bright colours and seem to be washing well.

JimbosJetSet Wed 17-Oct-12 13:59:02

Mothercare do 'mismatch' tights I think they're called - one leg stripes and one leg spots or other contrasting patterns. They are often in the sales... Perhaps it's only me that likes them grin

MousyMouse Wed 17-Oct-12 14:00:34

H&M and jakoo

Idlegirl83 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:00:48

Poundland have got some great ones in at the moment!

HarlettOScara Wed 17-Oct-12 14:02:31

I have bough navy/pink/purple/spotty/stiped/floral tights from next...they come in packs of 3 and the selection online seems better than in store.

I also got some lovely tights in Asda a few days ago. Ibought a pack of cream and red but I am sure they had other colours and patterns. I'm well impressed with the quality and fit.

whiteandyelloworchid Wed 17-Oct-12 21:03:23

oh thanks alot guys, i'm going shopping thus weekend on a mission

thanks

Gingersnap88 Sat 20-Oct-12 10:36:57

Mini boden are fab for tights. They come in lovely colour combos with nice detailing and they last!

picnicbasketcase Sat 20-Oct-12 10:41:36

Next has lovely ones but I think they're ruddy expensive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: