Talk

Advanced search

Brogues..... please help me decide

(23 Posts)
DigWeedSow Tue 16-Oct-12 08:39:41

I have just had these brogues delivered www.clarks.co.uk/p/20351558 and can't make my mind up about them.

I love the colour and the detail but after wearing ballet flats all summer they just seem a bit clumpy! I really like them on but I am dithering as something in the back of my mind is saying old lady shoes confused

So stylish ones, should they stay or should they go back?

womblingalong Tue 16-Oct-12 08:49:21

Love them,must what I was looking for too, def think they are stylish.

womblingalong Tue 16-Oct-12 08:49:45

Sorry: Just

Folicacid Tue 16-Oct-12 08:52:17

I don't know as I bought Clarks brogues in August and I've yet to wear them!

I keep looking at them, really unsure, even though I loved them in shop. I have size seven feet though so it maybe the boat like look of them on wink

Folicacid Tue 16-Oct-12 08:53:02

So be sure, is what I mean!

DigWeedSow Tue 16-Oct-12 08:58:21

Thanks wombling that's one vote in favour.

Folicacid I'm a size 7 too, maybe it's my feet rather than the shoes!

dexter73 Tue 16-Oct-12 08:59:36

I have the clarks flat brogues in tan and I have been wearing them loads. They are so comfortable and are great for this time of year when it is not cold enough here to be wearing boots yet. I like yours a lot. Folicacid - my feet are a size 8!

Folicacid Tue 16-Oct-12 12:39:14

Dexter what do you wear them with? I've tried with jeans and it just doesn't feel right. I think maybe a nice dress and thick tights would be better?

digweedsnow it's hard isn't it because they look fab but then there's just something stopping me. Don't mean to put you off, just want to say Me Too! I have flat ones in a kinda wine patent colour. They do look fab.

JodieHarsh Tue 16-Oct-12 12:42:10

Love 'em.

Not with jeans or trousers though. They're a sort of hot 40s Librarian/Agatha Christie heroine vibe, no?

Numberlock Tue 16-Oct-12 12:42:56

I have the flat brogues too and I wear them all the time. I love them because they go with anything and you don't have to worry about what to put on your feet.

Wouldn't wear them on a night out though.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20350674

Francagoestohollywood Tue 16-Oct-12 12:44:43

I love brogues, I like more "round toe" ones, iyswim. I wear them with ankle length cords and ribbed socks or even with skirts, for a librarian look grin

DigWeedSow Tue 16-Oct-12 12:50:49

Dexter That's exactly why I wanted them, I love boots but not quite ready to wear them full time yet.

Folicacid Glad it's not just me! I love them on other people not quite sure what's putting me off. I think it's that I've become so used to wearing ballet flats that although they look right they seem wrong???

Anyway have tried then on with a variety of outfits - look ok with opaques and denim mini, skinnies with a rolled up hem and with bootcuts. Not sure if I will find any other shoes quite as versatile so I think that they are keepers smile

DigWeedSow Tue 16-Oct-12 12:53:18

jodie As long as its not Miss marple!

MaggieW Tue 16-Oct-12 17:47:27

I had the tan Clarks flat brogues delivered last week and have been wearing them ever since. I've had so many compliments on them and they are super comfortable. Much much better than my ballet flats. In fact, I'm going to get the black too if I can find another 20% off code. I wear them with wide leg chinos from Gap and also with my bootleg jeans. Now that I've seen your ones I may get the black with the heel.

mewkins Tue 16-Oct-12 18:51:28

I have the dark tan flat ones. Wear them with various cloured skinny jeans/ trousers rolled to ankle length. May experiment with skirts but prefer boots with skirts in this weather. With the heeled ones I would wear with skirts and dresses I think. Suspect they are too dressy for jeans.

3mily Tue 16-Oct-12 19:13:18

I bought the flat patent wine coloured ones last week and I love them. I was seriously stuck deciding between the ones you posted and the ones I got. Went with mine because they go better with my coat.

I want the ones you posted too :D

dexter73 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:41:58

I wear mine with jeans and cords. I haven't worn them with a dress yet but will do.

dexter73 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:42:37

I want yours too 3mily!

Maisydaisy34 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:47:08

I love brogues...I felt like I had boat feet the first time I wore them(I'm size 7 too) but it was because I was so used to boots/pumps, once you wear them a few times the boat feet fear will go, fwiw I've never looked at anyone wearing brogues and thought 'Ooo her feet look HUGE in those shoes!'

DigWeedSow Tue 16-Oct-12 20:38:43

Thanks for all of your replies, you've convinced me that I'll get lots of wear out of them and shall look forward to wearing them tomorrow smile

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 16-Oct-12 20:45:40

I have the flat ones in the dark tan and the patent black and love them - I'm wearing the tan ones everyday.

I tried the high heeled ones in black and really liked them except for the heel which had a sort of scruffy/ scuffed look to them. They looked much nicer in the dark tan but I really wanted something black.

Folicacid Tue 16-Oct-12 20:47:30

I think I'll wear mine tomorrow too. Strike while iron is hot and all that. Get over the boating fear.

gypsyfloss Tue 16-Oct-12 22:31:18

I have them in tan and in wine patent. I love them both and wear them with ankle length trousers or with Me&Em Martini dresses. I love the full skirted dress with more masculine brogues and had 2 compliments today about the wine ones. Go for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now