Talk

Advanced search

I just painted my nails grey...

(40 Posts)
TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 15-Oct-12 16:10:32

And they look lovely. Just thought I'd share smile

They match the colour of the sky!

CandyLoo Mon 15-Oct-12 16:27:45

They sound lovely, name and make please!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 15-Oct-12 16:32:48

It's actually a really reasonable Rimmel one.
The colour is 805 grey matter.

I only threw it in my basket this morning for a change and am really pleased with it. It's a lovely neutral.

BeauNeidel Mon 15-Oct-12 16:47:30

I like grey nails. I have a dark one and a light one - might do dark ones once my pink tips come off!

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 17:01:40

I love grey and beige and "greige" nails too. That Rimmel grey is lovely. I think I've got it.

Am wearing Essie Chinchilly today

NettoSpookerstar Mon 15-Oct-12 17:10:15

I have that colour, and love it.
I also have a Leighton Denny grey which I was wearing but just changed it today.

polyhymnia Mon 15-Oct-12 17:34:13

Me too. I am a grey nail varnish fanatic and my favourite is Essie Chinchilly. Looks great with all my autumn and winter clothes.

Have also bought Chanel's Frenzy, because I couldn't resist another greyish colour, though don't really think the actual consistency of the varnish is as nice as Essie's.

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 17:36:35

My favourite grey is Nails Inc Covent Garden Ballet but you can only buy it as part of a limited edition set at the moment. I'm half way through my bottle of it so now using it only sparingly as I haven't used much of any of the other colours in the collection

Chanel Frenzy is looooovely

UsedToBeAContender Mon 15-Oct-12 17:38:00

Ooh this has just reminded me that I need to redo my nails. DH is out tonight so I can do glass of wine, True Blood and a manicure!

NettoSpookerstar Mon 15-Oct-12 18:09:27

I love the look of the Essie one.
May have to buy tomorrow.

Love grey nails - and greige. And dd has a lovely kit thing that can put pretty black lacy patterns over the grey/greige background too.

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 18:26:55

I reaaaally want one of those stamping kits but fear i may be too old at 40 for such things.

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Mon 15-Oct-12 18:30:15

I love grey nails. I have an opi which is a lovely pale grey and cheapo which is slate, and I wear with a glittery topcoat.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 15-Oct-12 20:22:28

Oooooh, must get that Essie one. It looks lovely.

I was stuck in a nude/greige rut for a while there. The greys are similar really I suppose but they work well for autumn.

Beige to grey! I'm a mad woman smile

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Mon 15-Oct-12 21:14:28

I am doing purple magnetic.

WannaSplitAPineapple Mon 15-Oct-12 21:19:46

Oh I've just painted my nails grey, well more of a metalicy grey. They do look fab even if I do say so myself! It's a nice change from my usual dark winter reds, browns and purples.

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Mon 15-Oct-12 21:21:29

My nails are grey today too grin

Caerlaverock Mon 15-Oct-12 21:23:20

Morgue chic?

Lula - I'm 42! I don't tned to wear many patterns in clothes, so I think I can still get away with the stamped nails, especially when the colours are so neutral. smile

AgathaFusty Mon 15-Oct-12 21:38:28

That Essie colour is lovely. Am hunting it down on the interweb right now.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 15-Oct-12 21:43:01

I'd like a nice navy colour if anyone has a recommendation too.
Not too dark like it looks black but a good dark blue/navy.

I have one, I think it's nails inc (to far to go all the way upstairs to see for sure) but its not very nice.

HyvaPaiva Mon 15-Oct-12 22:02:01

Ooh I'm wearing Nails Inc Jermyn Street on my toes tonight, it's a very grey-toned taupe. Gorgeous shades for autumn. Your Rimmel grey matter looks very 60s-inspired, so right up my street. Thanks for the recommendation.

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 22:23:37

Remus thanks for the validation! Has your DD got a Konad kit or one of the other versions?

I fear that if I go down the stamping kit route I will be in financial ruin by January!

Anyhoo, I just messed around with my nails and gave them gold tips using Essie as Gold As It Gets.

I think I like it but maybe a bit dressy for work. Oopsie.

UterusUterusGhali Mon 15-Oct-12 22:28:35

I avoid greys as it looks a bit corpse-y to me.
But I'm easily swayed by mn. wink

TeaBrick Mon 15-Oct-12 22:29:15

This Barry M one is nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now