Talk

Advanced search

In desperate need of some fashion advice!

(7 Posts)
BabeRuthless Mon 15-Oct-12 14:27:16

Could do with some help here ladies! I've always been a bit of a tomboy & it's generally jeans, t-shirt and hoody. My job only requires casual wear so I get away with this delightful fashion ensemble there too.

I've got a wedding in a couple of weeks & absolutely no idea where to start. I'm mainly a trouser wearer but I won't draw the line at a dress or skirt though it would have to be quite long. I'm a size 16 on a good day & without wanting to gloss over it, I have a massive fat arse and require sleeves. Due to the hundred other things happening right now I have pretty much one day spare to pull an outfit together. I'm not on a strict budget but I don't want to spend too much as in all likelihood I won't wear it again for a while. I really, really would appreciate your help as I know eff all about fashion. Even if someone could point me in the direction of the best places to go, or even the places I shouldn't waste my time in that would be fantastic.

What sort of wedding is it - are we talking registry office, stately home.....?

Apart from bottom and arms, what sort of shape are you - big or small bust, defined waist, good or bad legs etc? Also, rough age and what colours do you like?

IME, about 95% of the women at weddings I have been to, have worn dresses/skirts so although it's unusual for you, it's possible that you might feel you fit in better, in a skirt.

BabeRuthless Mon 15-Oct-12 16:06:14

It's a registry office wedding, quite a small do. I have no waist to speak of, average bust and big thighs. I like darker colours and am thinking a dress will be the way to go.

BabeRuthless Mon 15-Oct-12 16:06:40

Sorry, I'm mid-30s for age.

bishboschone Mon 15-Oct-12 21:38:44

http://www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/%23products/dresses/occasion-and-party-dresses/drape-jersey-dress/red/pd136red/

bishboschone Mon 15-Oct-12 21:39:24

How about this? Spanx if necessary? Lots of nice dresses with sleeves on pepperberry website .

BabeRuthless Tue 16-Oct-12 20:22:26

That's brilliant. Thanks for getting me started, I cannot overstate how fashion unaware I am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now