Talk

Advanced search

Autumn/winter dress for 'spring' colours

(5 Posts)
BirdyBedtime Mon 15-Oct-12 10:56:37

I am a 'spring' and really want to buy one or two dresses for wearing (work and weekends) over the winter with thick tights or leggings as I'd mightily fed up of my winter wardrobe, particularly for work (consists of trousers and jumpers or blouses with cardis)

I have virtually no free time for shopping (2 DC's and DH works shifts) so would love the help of the MN style gurus to find me something suitable (either H/S or online). Finding 'spring' clothes in winter styles is a real challenge as a lot of winter collections are black/purple/burgandy/forest green none of which are colours a 'spring' should wear. My colours are true red, yellow, bright green, coral, rust, turquoise.

Really would like something with long sleeves so I don't need to then buy tops for underneath. Budget less than £50. Is this an impossible task or can you help??

Itsafineline Mon 15-Oct-12 11:21:04

Hi birdy you have my sympathy - there is very little out there, isn't there? How are you with navy? I have this and I have changed the belt. it is sized small and quite short, but I love it. this is spot on kerry green, so you might want to watch for the sale/discounts You might need to go for something like this but with a red scarf.

BirdyBedtime Mon 15-Oct-12 12:41:22

Thanks Itsafineline. I can't open the links (at work just now) so will have a look tonight. I do wear some navy but it's definitely not one of my best and not all over so prob only as a basis for a pattern in a dress, not solid colour.

I don't have a problem at all with spring/summer clothes and was spoilt for choice earlier this year as there was so much coral in the shops, but try to find something bright yellow in a winter style (eg a cardi) and it's really hard.

BirdyBedtime Mon 15-Oct-12 21:34:06

I love the green one but it's well out of my budget unless it goes in the sale. The grey one is good - there is a DP near work so might go and see it tomorrow. The navy one is a bit too smart.

PoppyScarer Mon 15-Oct-12 21:44:08

Have a look at Joules? I am also a Spring colours person and their combinations are good.

If you can't find anything in budget, have a look at the Outlet section of the website, or search Joules on eBay, loads of stuff there.

I also found some stuff with turquoise in M&S Indigo. Not sure about dresses there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now