Talk

Advanced search

Flattering a (slightly wobbly) body

(16 Posts)
bedmonster Sun 14-Oct-12 23:17:57

Have had a very disheartening day trying to squeeze myself into some too tight jeans and realising i'm not as young/thin as I was 10 years ago. Now, I am realistically now a size and while I want to see myself shrink a little, I need some clothes that fit me in the meantime. Jumper dresses and leggings are my friend, have some nice boots but am struggling to find any dresses that are not clingy and have fairly loose sleeves. Have I already reached an age where M&S is the only place available to me?? Someone must be able to help me!

bedmonster Sun 14-Oct-12 23:18:59

Er, obviously trying to skirt around the issue, that should have saud I am realistically now a size 16!

janji Sun 14-Oct-12 23:30:59

Bump

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 10:47:05

Can anyone help? Would be really grateful for suggestions!

eagerbeagle Mon 15-Oct-12 11:01:37

What's your body type? Apple, pear, hourglass? Large or small of nork? And how tall?

notyummy Mon 15-Oct-12 11:06:20

Budget? Favourite colours? There is definitely stuff out there! And what are your good bits?

notyummy Mon 15-Oct-12 11:09:00

Phase eight

This could be dressed up or down.

notyummy Mon 15-Oct-12 11:21:16

Nice for a night out with opaques and heels for winter.

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 11:36:14

Oh okay, I really didn't give much info.
Right, well I think pear shape underneath all the extra me. Small in the chest department. 5'7". I guess budget of about £400 for a few everyday dresses and maybe one going out one. Am a SAHM so just need casual really. The phase 8 ones are nice but think they are too classic for me! Love the wallis one though!
Thanks for keeping up!

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 11:37:10

Oh, and have always played fairly safe with navy and black - I don't like standing out!

notyummy Mon 15-Oct-12 11:48:51

Couple more bearing in mind your guidance!

Crumpet

This would work with leggings/rib knit tights and biker boots.

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 12:04:20

Really love the Asos one, will order it now! The crumpet one looks a bit sort of frumpy. Don't take offence, I think it would look lovely on someone who was pencil thin, but as i'm not it would make me look like a huge blue rectangle!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

notyummy Mon 15-Oct-12 12:44:31

No offence taken! Good luck with the ASOS one - it loks pretty.

eagerbeagle Mon 15-Oct-12 13:03:45

A good wrap dress is very versatile. Can be dressed up or down and is very flattering. Something like this wrap dress

bedmonster Mon 15-Oct-12 15:51:16

Seriously thanks for the advice everyone, am 27 years old and the jeans incident has made me very determined to shift the pounds. Have been on 2 runs in 2 days! Have ordered a couple more dresses and a pair of cute little boots thanks to you all.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 15-Oct-12 17:31:25

Peacocks have some jumper dresses, which are a very reasonable £14. I would link, but they don't have a proper website. They are scoop necked, long sleeved, fine knit, in black or turquoise with a wide band at the bottom. I am finding them to be very flattering, while I lose weight and for £14, you can't go wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now