Talk

Advanced search

Do lip-plumpers work? (Not talking anything injected here -eek!)

(11 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Oct-12 21:35:47

I saw Soap&Glory lip plumpers yesterday in Boots (they have a 3 for 2) when I was buying some bits for DS.

She was after some red lippy for Hallowe'en, I bought a stain pen and the Kate Moss (red).
Today, I put it on, DH says "That looks horrible"

Disclaimer: I don't wear red lipstick IRL.
I have really thin lips. I look like Dot Cotton .

If these lip plumpers work I might try on.

I usually do the (probably very dated now) smokey eyes ,nude lips thing. blush. (dark brown eyes, brown hair, pale skin)

TIA

Naturallyme Mon 15-Oct-12 00:42:59

No unfortunately most do not. But the ones that do are temporary and are very slight pumping. The natural ones work but stimulating blood flow to the lips giving them a slight swelling. Some products say lip plumping but have a gloss to make your lips look bigger.

faustina Mon 15-Oct-12 08:20:15

the soap and glory motherpucker one works

perplexedpirate Mon 15-Oct-12 08:23:39

No, in all honestly they don't. And that's from a woman currently wearing both benefit lip plump and soap and glory sexy mother pucker.
I keep the faith that one day I'll find the miracle but tbh I'll probably just end up having fillers.

Trills Mon 15-Oct-12 08:26:49

No, they just sting.

tabulahrasa Mon 15-Oct-12 08:27:23

Too faced lip injection works...but all it does is swell up what's there, none of them will actually make your lips bigger, just a bit swollen and of course it depends what your lips are like to start with.

pinklantern Mon 15-Oct-12 08:30:41

I am very sensitive to the sexy motherpucker one, to the extent that I only wear it on my top lip and a bit if normal gloss on the bottom. I've not known any other to work.

pinklantern Mon 15-Oct-12 08:31:57

That makes sense tabu - I guess I've got full-ish lips already.

Pinot Mon 15-Oct-12 09:42:44

The cosmetics one don't, they just sting and make you conscious of pouting your lips.

I'm having good success with Gatineau Defi-Lift Lip at the moment though - applying it twice a day and have been for 3 months. My upper lip has found it's plump again and it has stopped the thinning that I had noticed. I'm really pleased with it and wouldn't be without it now. I loathe thin lips - I have no wish to see my Mother when I look in the mirror grin

Pinot Mon 15-Oct-12 09:43:25

I mean my cupids bow has found it's plump again, in particular.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 16-Oct-12 23:00:58

thanks

I might invest in the Gatineau one- I can get it from QVC on their 30 day money back guarentee wink

Not only is my mouth thin it's small as well. Not a good combination.

(But I'm betting Angelina Jolie didn't like her mouth before she was a Goddess)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now