Talk

Advanced search

So....I need some new straighteners...

(20 Posts)
PersuedByPenguins Sun 14-Oct-12 20:45:37

Currently have 8 year old tresemmes which were only £20 when I bought them.

To be honest they aren't brilliant! Do I need GHD's? Or are there any others as good?

discount codes or sales would also be appreciated wink

mampam Sun 14-Oct-12 21:02:52

You need GHD's!! You will seriously notice the difference. Been looking for some to buy DD for Christmas and Amazon is the cheapest place I've found so far.

LynetteScavo Sun 14-Oct-12 21:06:20

You need GHD's.

Expensive, but one of the best things I've ever bought.

DistressedMumHELP Sun 14-Oct-12 21:08:20

Definitely ghd's mine are red gloss! Love them. My first pair of ghd's since I started straightening my hair 12 years ago (I am only 24)

Felicitywascold Sun 14-Oct-12 21:08:22

I was wondering about this earlier today... Can anyone clever with experience tell me just what it is that is so amazing about GHDs?

PersuedByPenguins Sun 14-Oct-12 21:11:59

Thanks for the replies- Mampam apparently they're reduced on Asos and code MEGA10 gives you an additional 10% off HTH

Are they really that much better than other brands? Why? I'm just a bit dubious as they're so expensive!

PersuedByPenguins Sun 14-Oct-12 21:12:35

Oh forgot to say I use them every day!

PersuedByPenguins Sun 14-Oct-12 21:14:40

Oh and another thing, which ones would I need? I have shoulder length hair not thick but not fine iykwim!

mampam Sun 14-Oct-12 21:16:51

I'm not clever wink but I have afro hair. I had a pair of Babyliss straightners for years and it took me hours to straighten my hair and the finish wasn't very good.
I started going to a hair salon that used GHD's but I just thought my hair was fab when I left there because of all the products/ they are professionals after all. DH bought me a pair of GHD's 2 Christmases ago and it's halved the time it takes me to straighten my hair and the finish is smoother and much sleeker.

mampam Sun 14-Oct-12 21:18:34

Thanks for the code smile

PersuedByPenguins Sun 14-Oct-12 21:36:17

You're welcome smile

My hair is the opposite of Afro, which is why I am wondering whether they would be so much better, I can sort of see how they could make a difference to Afro hair but not so sure about mine hmm

Felicitywascold Sun 14-Oct-12 21:43:07

Thanks mam. I don't have Afro hair either. But it is very thick and takes me ages to 'do'. Which is why more often than not I dont bother and just tie it up!

TheCraicDealer Sun 14-Oct-12 22:06:33

I have very fine hair that's prone to frizz and would never get any other brand now. They last years as well, definitely a good buy.

FunnysInLaJardin Sun 14-Oct-12 22:07:48

GHD's are the only answer to this question. I have has 2 pairs in about 12 years. They are fab

MrsHelsBels74 Sun 14-Oct-12 22:10:32

I got some GHDs for my birthday & they are so much better than my old Tresemme ones.
They heat up really quickly & make my hair straighter than others I've used.

Flossiechops Sun 14-Oct-12 22:13:34

Absolutely got to be ghds. Mine are 9 years old and I am asking Santa for new ones this year! Worth every penny, something's are worth investing in and this is one of those things. I have fine hair and ghds give me poker straight glossy locks grin

member Sun 14-Oct-12 22:21:09

Cloud 9 - from the original inventor of GHDs. He sold GHD & although still good, they use less good components than they did & develop faults more readily.

http://www.cloudninehair.com/irons/?gclid=COW4qO-3gbMCFaTJtAodVTYA1w

Flippityjig Sun 14-Oct-12 22:32:37

I have Babyliss. Before I had ghds. I find the Babyliss ones just as good as the ghds were. I have a lot of quite fine frizzy hair. I think there are different Babyliss ones though, I have the pink ones.

Flojo1979 Sun 14-Oct-12 22:36:16

mampam do u use any specific products to tame your hair?
DD is only 3 but her hair is so thick and gets very matted and its a nightmare.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sun 14-Oct-12 23:27:15

Had one pair of ghd's that lasted for years (early adopter), then tried cheaper ones, had two in 6 months that just went pop, went back to ghd's about two years back and they are fantastic. Wouldn't consider any other type.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now