Talk

Advanced search

Sports bra (for the big boobed runner)?

(10 Posts)
longsigh Sun 14-Oct-12 20:09:24

Has anyone got the underwired Freya sports bra-and is it any good?
I have tried on loads but they all seem to squash everything together and was wondering if trying an underwired one would give enough support!

MrsWolowitz Sun 14-Oct-12 20:12:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

longsigh Sun 14-Oct-12 20:13:23

Looks good. Thanks!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 14-Oct-12 20:13:28

I've got the Shock Absorber bras, Run and Max are they called? Something like that. They're not underwired but they're pretty sturdy. I'm a 38dd and they don't move! They're very well shaped and hold everything down.

JudeFawley Sun 14-Oct-12 20:22:34

I am not esp big (32DD)but I have yet to find an adequate sports bra for running, so I tend to wear 2; a sports bra with a shock absorber type style over the top.

I can't bear any movement whatsoever.

I might try MrsWolowitz's though as it looks new and improved.

I have had many other Shock Absorbers and never found them quite supportive enough - good but not great.

The absolute best one I ever had was from M&S. It did up with a zip at the front and rendered my boobs completely paralysed. I wore it so much the zip broke.

CelticPromise Sun 14-Oct-12 20:25:55

I'm a G cup and the best I have worn is the Enell available from Less Bounce. It's ugly but effective! I've also got the Panache which is pretty good if I do up the racer back clip.

I've got the Freya and I find it allows too much movement for high impact sports. I wear it for hill walking.

longsigh Sun 14-Oct-12 20:27:37

Great! Thanks for all the advice..off to Google now!

DontCallMeBaby Sun 14-Oct-12 20:44:20

The Freya one I've worn for Zumba, for having my gait tested (cos it gives a decent shape and I had to walk round town with it on), and for horse riding. No good for running or circuits, or for yoga (cos the wires dig in). Shock Absorber Run is bra of choice for everything else, although even that is suffering at the end of circuits - I think all the different movements make it loosen up or something.

Viperidae Sun 14-Oct-12 20:46:21

I got an Enell one from Boobydoo http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/

Viperidae Sun 14-Oct-12 20:47:46

Sorry link should be www.boobydoo.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now