Talk

Advanced search

Dior perfume...

(6 Posts)
Pinkforever Sun 14-Oct-12 18:24:41

Have been considering buying Hypnotic poison for a while but something keeps putting me off-I think its a bit too linear?

Have tried the Pure poison which I thought was nice but a bit weak. I probably tried the original poison years ago but cant remember the smell-have heard its a monster though?

So does anyone have any of the poisons and would they recommend them?

I really want a new night time/going out/sexy fragrance-I love very strong orientals and I like people to be able to smell me coming....

MsArseBiscuit Sun 14-Oct-12 18:26:34

Black Orchid is pretty strong, have you tried that ?

YouOldSlag Sun 14-Oct-12 18:34:11

It's all very well for people to be able to smell you coming, but if you smell of Poison, they might scatter before you arrive! I know so many people who loathe it and have only met one who likes it. I actually find it aggressively unbearable and I know I am not alone.

Anyway, if you want to ask anything about perfume, may I direct you to the style and beauty thread "The Worst Perfume Ever" It is reaching legendary status and has become about so much more than worst perfumes. There is one poster, DonaAna, who is a total expert and we are all "we're not worthy" whenever she dishes out her wisdom.

Pinkforever Sun 14-Oct-12 18:48:09

Yes I have been on that thread thanks-very informative but the problem is the so-called stinkers on there are the kind of perfumes I love! I think I am going to hang on until nearer xmas and treat myself to a couple of gift sets....

YouOldSlag Sun 14-Oct-12 18:59:01

So everyone on there is saying "Yuk, can't stand it" and you're thinking "ooh I rather like that". smile. I'm afraid you are beyond help my friend! Good luck in your quest!

If it's any consolation i used to drown myself in LouLou and loads of people can't stand that now.

coffeeinbed Sun 14-Oct-12 19:23:49

original Poison was a fruity oriental.
I love it.
Still keep a bottle of it.
Wear what you like.
Just go lightly if you're bothered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now