Talk

Advanced search

No.7 Stay Perfect foundation - has it had a bad effect on your skin? And a request for a good foundation...

(7 Posts)
Karbea Sun 14-Oct-12 18:09:25

that's it really...

I don't have the best skin in the world, sensitised, combination and prone to spots. But up until last week I was controlling using demalogica products.
Anyway... I had my skin scanned at Boots and got myself a No. 7 foundation.

In the last 3 days my skin has erupted, I now have what looks like a massive boil, it's red, sore and rock hard, both of my cheeks and in a terrible state. My husband says it looks like I've had an allegic reaction.

Previously I was using a cheap Rimmel foundation, so I figured the no. 7 one would be fine...

Anyway, just interested if I was the only one negatively affected?

Also can anyone recommend a foundation (probably inexpensive one, happy to pay for a good one!) for rubbish skin?

Itsgottabebags Sun 14-Oct-12 18:55:35

OP take it back to Boots!

xmasevebundle Sun 14-Oct-12 19:02:53

Take pictures and take it back! You will get a refund and maybe a voucher.

Rubbish skin meaning?

I use bonjour healthy serum, its lovely. I bought it off ebay, its the best foundation i have ever used!!

Karbea Sun 14-Oct-12 19:19:16

As I it's sensitive, prone to spots and obviously allergic to something in the no. 7 one.

Malteser79 Sun 14-Oct-12 21:10:34

Very sorry to hear about the reaction OP. My skin is very similar to yours, though I don't have any experience of no. 7. I use Lily Lolo powder foundation and have had no reactions to it - think it's actually improved my skin! www.lilylolo.co.uk/

Karbea Sun 14-Oct-12 21:23:07

Where do you buy it? I have a black tie do tomorrow night andk can't go without foundation.

Malteser79 Sun 14-Oct-12 23:46:12

I buy my Lily Lolo products directly from the website as there are no stockists particularly near me, but if you enter your postcode here

www.lilylolo.co.uk/stockists.asp

then hopefully there'll be a store near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now