Talk

Advanced search

Jewellery keepsake ideas for DD's Christmas

(9 Posts)
Maffy Sun 14-Oct-12 15:33:14

I don't know much about jewellery, but I would be grateful for any ideas or links to websites. I would like to buy a piece of keepsake jewellery for by DD's Christmas (and ideally something every year). She is only 7mo at the moment, but hopefully something she will appreciate when older.

I wouldn't want to spend much more than £100, but would antique or something unique an new be best, please? Ideally something to buy online.

Thanks!

GingerLemonTea Sun 14-Oct-12 15:57:29

I like the Lulu lockets by Molly Brown London. Maybe not classic but I think a little girl would like it, might get my DD one when she is bigger. Lovely idea.

GingerLemonTea Sun 14-Oct-12 16:00:36

Http://www.mollybrownlondon.com/shop-collection/lulu-lockets

ElectricMonk Sun 14-Oct-12 16:05:54

If I were you, I'd buy her something she will be able to wear and appreciate as an adult - children's jewellery may be cute, but it's likely to get lost/broken or hidden away apart from on special occasions so the enjoyment she will get from it is likely to be minimal.

For £100, I'd get her a lovely charm bracelet (adjustable size would be best since you have no idea yet how large her wrists will end up or when she will be mature enough to wear it, so probably a chain link gold one). I'd then add a charm each year and/or for special milestones - small, tasteful and ideally vintage/antique ones would be best so it doesn't look dated.

TheCraicDealer Sun 14-Oct-12 16:29:12

My Grandparents got me and DT a gold heart shaped locket each for Christmas when we were about six. It lay in a drawer for years, then when I was about 21 or so I dug it out and started using it. It makes me feel all glowy when I see it! Think classic, something that won't date.

Lavenderhoney Sun 14-Oct-12 18:13:09

My parents bought me a gold bracelet and every year they bought me a charm for it. When i was 18 they bought me diamond and ruby earrings which I had made into a pendant which I designed with a jeweller as I never wore them.

Its a lovely idea. What about a locket necklace with some baby hair in it and a picture each side of you and dh?

Or pearls or single pearldrop necklace which has to be worn by you to keep their lustre?smile what's her birthstone?

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 14-Oct-12 19:43:01

My girls have adult sized silver charm bracelets and I buy them a charm each birthday (old style charms not pandora)

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 14-Oct-12 19:47:04

My girls have adult sized silver charm bracelets and I buy them a charm each birthday (old style charms not pandora). maybe they will never wear them but they are lovely keepsakes telling the story of their lives as each charm is significant

Lavenderhoney Sun 14-Oct-12 20:08:22

Cecee, my parents bought mine wherever we went on holssmile Spanish dancer etc. I wouldn't wear it(!) but it's nice. Impractical but nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now