Talk

Advanced search

please help!! the assisstant left te security tag on te coat I bought to wear tonight

(14 Posts)
redhappy Sat 13-Oct-12 18:52:56

How can I get it off? I think it's got some sort of ink inside, and there's a picture of a broken vial on the outside. I think it means if I smash the tag it will also smash the ink vials. But I'm worried it means the ink will spill if it's forced open in anyway.

I'm really annoyed, literally just got home, bought it 30 miles away, and I don't drive so it's not like I can easliy take it back!

AGhoulfromtheCrypt Sat 13-Oct-12 18:54:00

"Left the security tag on", eh. That's what they all say.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 13-Oct-12 18:54:11

There are lots of videos on youtube telling you how to do this - I used a hammer for some jeans I'd bought online.

AGhoulfromtheCrypt Sat 13-Oct-12 18:54:58

(Sorry - not funny. Don't try and get it off yourself. Is there a helpline number on the receipt you can ring? Where is it from?)

madamecake Sat 13-Oct-12 18:58:19

Not sure if they will do it or not, but if you have a large supermarket near you sell clothes they might remove it?

redhappy Sat 13-Oct-12 18:59:00

It's from H&M, will have a look to see if there's anything on youtube thanks.

I know it's not the end of the world, but I was so chuffed with it, and really looking forward to wearing it tonight sad

MooMinCow Sat 13-Oct-12 18:59:02

You need a v.powerful magnet to prise the two halves apart, and possibly pliers depending on type. Is it a cream disc with liquid in vials on top and a metal stud underneath? (I work in a shop, that's how I know!)

Or, take the coat with receipt to your nearest supermarket/retail park/tk maxx that sells clothes and ask them nicely to remove it?

madamecake Sat 13-Oct-12 18:59:38

I mean "that sells" clothes!

redhappy Sat 13-Oct-12 19:03:13

Ooh that's a good idea, I could take it to Tesco's with the reciept, thanks

It is one of these

redhappy Sat 13-Oct-12 19:05:03

Hmm, well sort of, it looks like that, but on the bottom half there is a red and a green vial of ink.

LolaLadybird Sat 13-Oct-12 19:47:54

Aargh, how annoying. This happened to 2 pairs of Gap shorts DH bought before summer hols. Didn't realise the tags were on both until first day of hols in France. Thankfully our lovely English gite owner was able to work some magic with a pair of wire cutters.

wintera Sun 14-Oct-12 07:06:20

This happened to me recently with something bought from mothercare. Husband got it off with a pair of pliers in the end.

bigpants103 Sun 14-Oct-12 07:42:51

My dh went to a wedding and it wasn't till he put his suit jacket on outside church that we noticed it had a massive security tag on the back!! He wore it. It amused people anyway.

aliciaflorrick Sun 14-Oct-12 07:45:58

This happened to me recently with something I'd ordered online to be delivered to France so I couldn't take it back to the store. I did the deed with a pair of pliers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now