Talk

Advanced search

Cheap exfoliater/scrub

(12 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Sat 13-Oct-12 11:43:54

Can anyone recommend a good, cheapish exfoliater/scrub? Don't want to spend a lot, it's just to use prior to applying gradual self tan moisturiser. It seems no matter how hard I try scrubbing I still end up with dark patches on and under my knees!!!

I've got just under 3 weeks to go & I think it's time to start preparing my body. After all while I'll be bearing my 5'6" white-ish size 14 body, my 5'9" tall & size 6 sister will be parading her deeply self tanned long limbed body!!!!

CaptainHoratioWragge Sat 13-Oct-12 11:50:27

Ooh I want to kmow the anwer to this too!

Three weeks till what, HaveAGoodDay? <nosy>

Misssss Sat 13-Oct-12 12:11:27

The cheapest is a handful of salt/sugar and some olive oil (whatever oil you have at home). Exactly the same as stuff in posh bottles and costs pennies.

Otherwise get your self some exfoliating gloves and just give yourself a good scrub with these with your normal soap/showergel. They work really well and don't coat your shower in oily goo!

HaveAGoodDay Sat 13-Oct-12 22:18:57

Captain, off on me jollies!!!

Fozzleyplum Sat 13-Oct-12 22:30:43

Agree with Misssss. I use exfoliating gloves every day. Get the cheap ones from Superdrug or a pound shop - they're just as good as the expensive ones; just put them in the wash every now and then. I also do the olive oil and salt thing, adding a bit of essential oil so I don't smell like salad. You can use olive oil and caster sugar as a facial exfoliator, too.

CharlieStinkySocks Sat 13-Oct-12 22:55:25

OOh have a lovely time smile

HoopDePoop Sat 13-Oct-12 23:16:34

One cup brown sugar, one cup oats, one cup olive oil. Tah-dah smooth soft skin.

EllenParsons Sun 14-Oct-12 01:36:05

St Ives body scrub

lurkingaround Sun 14-Oct-12 10:23:31

Don't forget to slap on a bit of moisuriser on knees and elbows.

lurkingaround Sun 14-Oct-12 10:26:08

Mosturiser on knees and elbows before fake tan, I meant.

wintera Sun 14-Oct-12 13:50:46

Any of the Soap and Glory scrubs are fab and they have loads to choose from too.

HaveAGoodDay Sun 14-Oct-12 14:27:02

Oooh thanks for the tips ladies. I'll just be using the gradual tanning stuff like dove as I've tried the full on fake tan like st Moritz etc & it just doesn't work for me at all, they all leave me looking like I've been mud wrestling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now