Talk

Advanced search

Scars

(7 Posts)
Pickles77 Sat 13-Oct-12 07:15:15

Hi.
I'm due to go out this evening and am wearing natural tights but I've got horrible scars on my legs that make me so self conscious.
Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of trying Sally hansens airbrush legs or the rimmel sun shimmer.
I don't have much time today but I can get to a
Medium superdrug and a small boots.

Thank you

Bilbobagginstummy Sat 13-Oct-12 07:32:30

Thicker tights?

It's trite and I don't entirely believe it even though people always say it, but I think it's fairly true but other people are far more worried about their imperfections than looking for/at yours. You might feel self-conscious but they will probably barely notice. And if they do, will they actually care, or just mentally note that Pickles has scars on her legs?

(have visible scarring elsewhere, hence having thought about this far too much)

Pickles77 Sat 13-Oct-12 07:41:06

I know your right, I just normally wear 2 pairs of tights.
It's scaring from a rta and awful scaring from bites I picked and infected as a child.

ListenToYourHeart Sat 13-Oct-12 23:37:02

I've got a bad scar on my leg from a dog bite usually if I'm wearing natural tights I will put a bit of concealer on it, a dab of foundation and then powder so basically covering it just like a facial imperfection.

When I get home I just wipe it off with a wet wipe. No one has ever noticed it, it took DP six months to realise it was there and that was because I pointed it out grin

EmBOOsa Sun 14-Oct-12 00:04:34

I use this with powder over it, it is pretty good at minimising the scars.

Feckbox Sun 14-Oct-12 00:06:27

Do not even think about trying bio oil. IMO it's a complete con

EmBOOsa Sun 14-Oct-12 00:08:59

I find that bio-oil does work, but you need to use it regularly, and not expect miracles. Definitely doesn't work quickly either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now