Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan and shaving! AAAGH HELP.

(3 Posts)
EuroShopperEnergyDrink Fri 12-Oct-12 23:58:57

I have recently made the jump from religiously using Garnier Summer Body to 'real' fake tan after finding a brand that doesn't have that vitiligo effect after the first shower, and also looks natural...but I seem to have a slight issue that I need some help with.

Shaving. When is the best time to do it when fake tanning?

I've tried shaving a day before, then 2 days before, then 3, then 4- but I still can't escape the dreaded black dots in my leg.

I've tried doing it after and it seems to shave off my tan if that makes sense, ie. my legs will look lighter/patchier than the rest of my body.

Also tried putting a bit of moisture on my legs as a barrier, but that just made it horrendously patchy- and I still have the black dots.

Does anyone have any ideas?

mutny Sat 13-Oct-12 07:33:30

I have always been told to shave the day before and that should stop it. Not much help, but that has always prevented the black dots.

Do you moisturise aged shaving?

which tan are you using?

trixymalixy Sat 13-Oct-12 08:49:18

I always shave after tanning, slightly lighter legs look better than the black dots IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now