Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for Birthday Dinner Celebration at a restaurant?

(10 Posts)
Mypopcornface Fri 12-Oct-12 22:25:47

Hi. I'm soon going to my friend's birthday party at a restaurant. I don't think it is a posh one. I don't go out at night so I don't know what I should wear. I might add I want to look amazing to impress some people who will be there but are two faced/fake to me - childish I know - I'm 35, size 8/10 (but just bought a skinny jeans size 6 from primark!), 1,65 m tall and athletic body shape. I hate showing cleavage/tights and hate being cold. Any suggestions?

Karbea Fri 12-Oct-12 22:37:04

I'm going to a restaurant for a friends birthday and I'm going to wear either this

Karbea Fri 12-Oct-12 22:38:57

Or this

Mypopcornface Fri 12-Oct-12 22:48:37

Love both of them. Would probably pick the 2nd one as I wear trousers every day all day long. But I would need tights with that dress though, black or nude?

Karbea Fri 12-Oct-12 22:57:54

I'm going to go with thick black tights.

Mypopcornface Sat 13-Oct-12 09:42:50

Hope we are not going to to the same celebration ......

Mypopcornface Sat 13-Oct-12 09:43:52

Actually I will be too overdressed if I go with that dress, I don't want to look I tried too hard

Clure Sat 13-Oct-12 10:04:29

if you wear black skinnies and a great pair of heels how about a dressy top like
lace

Olivermoliver Sat 13-Oct-12 21:31:08

Sorry to hijack!

Karbea What type of shoes will you wear, have a similar dress I'm planning to wear to a do with black tights and struggling on the shoe front?!
Thanks!

Karbea Sun 14-Oct-12 20:30:44

Well I ended up wearing something totally different and no tights!

But... I would have either worn patent heels or shoe boot. And jazzed it up with a coloured handbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now