Talk

Advanced search

Fashion for the over 50s

(6 Posts)
Teen1708 Fri 12-Oct-12 21:23:40

Hi, did see a thread on this but it was dated a couple of years ago.
Going for a rare shopping trip up to Bluewater in the morning, don't have much time, which shops should I head for??
Most of my clothes are getting on (not quite as old as me!) but I live in mainly trousers and what I would like to think of as funky tops (that's funky not frumpy). I'm over 50 but don't feel it inside, but then I don't want to look like I've hit the mutton button.
I have the black tights and a great pair of black knee length boots from Faith, but need help - I'm not keen on clingy dresses (got too much bum for dresses to cling too!!!). I'm thinking White Stuff direction, or maybe Zara??? Anybody help out please?

Lovewearingjeans Fri 12-Oct-12 21:28:59

John Lewis has great selections, have fun x

Pagwatch Fri 12-Oct-12 21:33:47

I am over 50 but don't do trousers
Whistles, l k Bennett, Nicole Fahri, Sandro, vivienne westwood (all in house of Fraser)

Teen1708 Fri 12-Oct-12 21:43:27

aha, many thanks LWJ and Pagwatch, I shall head to both of those stores, that will save me running round like a headless chicken smile

polyhymnia Sat 13-Oct-12 10:52:47

Hobbs definitely worth a look too, IMO.

Teen1708 Thu 18-Oct-12 08:31:30

Thanks all, had a great morning at Bluewater, I headed for John Lewis and ended up with a short cord skirt, a navy pair of cords, two tunic tops (White Stuff and Joules) and a short sleeved top and cardie (again White Stuff). Love em all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now