Talk

Advanced search

calling ye of slender ankle (points toe, admires)

(13 Posts)
fuckwittery Fri 12-Oct-12 20:31:48

I am not particularly slender anywhere else so I feel I can boast about my slender ankles.

Knee high boots that don't sag, where from? I have looked at Duo but I don't LOVE any and they are a bit pricey as I want three pairs
1) some spikey ankle boots
2) flat boots to walk to work (these ones need to be superfitted without the adding heel length)
3) wedge knee highs
Where on the High Street? I made the mistake of trying some on in M&S the other day, dear god, their target market must be fat of leg!

Mumelie Fri 12-Oct-12 22:29:06

Same here! I have average calves but skinny ankle (so even calf fitted boots are no good). The only pair I have that fit all the way down (as they are quite a slim fit) are these from Bertie. Have them in black and brown for work. Linked to in another thread as well.

trixymalixy Sat 13-Oct-12 08:41:16

For wedge knee highs have a look at fly let, I also have slim ankles and they fit well at the ankle.

trixymalixy Sat 13-Oct-12 08:43:09

here comes in loads of different colours.

Jalopeno Sat 13-Oct-12 08:47:19

These do made to measure boots and they are cheaper then Duo

www.thebootmakers.com/the-boots

Talyra Sat 13-Oct-12 09:03:29

I have slim ankles, but wide feet and calves are pretty wide at widest part. I think my only option is lace up boots so I can vary the tightness.

sayanything Sat 13-Oct-12 09:39:20

Oooh, that's interesting Jalopeno, are their boots any good? I always despair of finding heeled boots that I can walk in and their designs seem perfect.

Littlemissimpatient Sat 13-Oct-12 09:40:03

Clarkes?

fuckwittery Sat 13-Oct-12 09:43:31

I love those trixy, going to order a pair in black now. Jalopeno those are great, not seen any which are ankle fitted before (duo only do calf fitting I think) but I don't think they are cheaper than Duo! Can't decide if I can justify the flat paid and the wedge pair, doesn't leave any room in the budget this month for the high spikey ones I want either!

cornsconkers Sat 13-Oct-12 09:44:52

I have slim ankles and calves and wear fly - really nice fit

SoupDragon Sat 13-Oct-12 09:45:57

LK Bennet are narrow. I have some fab pointy spike heeled knee high boots from there which cling to my gazelle-like lower legs. I love them even if I can't walk in them.

SoupDragon Sat 13-Oct-12 09:46:27

My FLy boots are baggy and leak in the rain sad

fuckwittery Sat 13-Oct-12 13:06:07

Ah yes I have brilliant ankle clinging knee high spiky boots from LK Bennett, although I wore the stiletto out last year sad. Hoping I might be be able to get them fixed. Now I really want to go there for my ankle spiky boots but I said not expensive dammit! LK Bennett boots for my Christmas list I think. I've ordered the fly boots now, I hope they don't bag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now