Talk

Advanced search

Sleep Rollers, anyone...?

(13 Posts)
Meta4 Fri 12-Oct-12 20:29:57

I'm just wondering how the end result compares to that of normal velcro rollers? Does the fact that you sleep in them mess up the hair?

Going to a wedding next weekend but the ceremony is late morning and there won't be much time for normal velcros to take effect... hence am thinking of trying sleepers.

PinkFondantFancy Fri 12-Oct-12 20:32:01

Watching with interest! I find normal velco rollers a nightmare in my fine hair, they tangle like crazy sad

mutny Sat 13-Oct-12 07:46:25

I bought these. As Velcro rollers go. The are very good. But there is no chance in hell I could have slept in them.
Apparantly even though you sleep on them the curl shouldn't be ruined. But honestly, I could not get to sleep at all.

But I have used them during the day and found them very easy to put it and stay in and give really nice volume to my shoulder length hair.

Turquoiseblue Sat 13-Oct-12 08:09:49

I have sen the effect of sleep rollers - a colleague uses them - says she finds them
Great and easy to sleep in. I thought the curls were just lovely - all tumbly and loose am hoping to get some soon and try them out - but a little unsure if it ll work on my thick thick hair (hers was long and fine)

FayeKinitt Sat 13-Oct-12 09:42:27

I have the Boots version. I find them pretty good. I won't lie to you, it's not the comfiest nights sleep in the world, but it's not awful either. Trick is to avoid having the rollers lie over the tops of your ears.

I have fine hair that's just past my shoulders. I think the result is pretty good. I've had a fair few compliments about them. I get this sort of look (top picture)

Rockchick1984 Sat 13-Oct-12 10:16:19

Personally I'd just go for heated rollers in the morning - but I look awful if I've not had a good night's sleep!

mutny Sat 13-Oct-12 16:06:33

rockchick me too. Hair looks fan, I look awful

Can I ask which heated rollers you use?

Rockchick1984 Sat 13-Oct-12 17:47:58

I use some babyliss ones from boots. Think they were about £30 but are surprisingly good although they do take a while to heat up smile

Meta4 Sun 14-Oct-12 13:14:59

Thanks all. Re heated rollers, do they stay put in the hair well enough? I've heard they can be heavy/plasticy and not grippy enough.

Rockchick1984 Sun 14-Oct-12 18:22:51

Mine are fine, they came with some really good clippy things and loads of pins. The pins don't hold them in quite as well, but still fairly good. I usually just want a bit of a wavy end type style so I can get away with just using the clips but if you wanted a very curly style you would need to use most of them.

xmasevebundle Sun 14-Oct-12 19:39:22

I agree with rockchick. The heated rollers are amazing.

I prefer the pins thoughgrin, they are a lot better than the clips are loose in my hair( i have thick hair)

They take about 5-10 to heat up and the curls last all day.

I can curl with ghds too, and these are better than them.

Jaeme Tue 16-Oct-12 00:05:59

Not sure if they still do them but molton brown used to do rollers called molton browners that were squishy fabric that you could sleep in

Devora Tue 16-Oct-12 00:29:46

I don't know whether I should admit this, but me and pink foam rollers do have a rather intimate acquaintance, and yes I do often sleep in them. I buy them from Boots, in the largest size. They're not great to sleep in, but comfy enough - give it a trial for a couple of nights before the big day, so you get used to them.

I find they give the most long-lasting curl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now