Talk

Advanced search

When for first bra?

(5 Posts)
RollerCola Fri 12-Oct-12 18:34:36

Dd is 10 and a half and her breasts are starting to develop. She has some cropped vest tops but isn't keen on wearing them and she says she doesn't want me to buy her a bra yet.

She says that no-one else wears them but she does seem to be developing slightly earlier than her friends. Is she ok without any support for a while yet or should I be trying to encourage her to wear something?

Hopeforever Sat 13-Oct-12 18:33:22

It's a really difficult one. Dd is the same age and I've just insisted she starts to wear a bra as her buds have developed to the stage where they are very obvious through t shirts and look more obvious than when she is wearing her bra.

We got her a bra from Debenhams, I think at their stage the support is not so vital, but they mustn't have wires while the breasts are still developing.

Dd hates the idea of wearing it as non of her friends do, but by bribery she's now worn it most of the week.

RollerCola Sat 13-Oct-12 22:00:50

I'm going to encourage her to wear her cropped tops for now if I can. I'm sure it won't be too long before they all catch up and it won't seem so unusual for her.

sarahseashell Sat 13-Oct-12 23:22:34

could you just go for ordinary vests for now?

jalopy Sun 14-Oct-12 09:11:16

These are nice. Slightly sporty look and very comfortable according to my daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now