Talk

Advanced search

tiny red capilaries on nose...can anything help

(10 Posts)
hettie Fri 12-Oct-12 17:10:03

Hi,
I've noticed that the are between my nose and cheek has gotten quite red. On closer inspection it seems like I have lots of tiny spidery blood vessels underneath the skin. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to get rid of them?

BigBroomstickBIWI Fri 12-Oct-12 17:54:06

You can have them treated with laser or electrolysis. I have this too - on one side it keeps coming back, but treatment is very quick and (relatively) painless.

juneau Fri 12-Oct-12 17:57:42

You need to go and see a dermatologist. I've had a couple of treatments which involve using a tiny, heated needle to cauterise them and seal them off. It's very effective and only hurts a bit. You might have a few little scabs afterwards, but they're usually healed in about a week.

Dollydowser Fri 12-Oct-12 18:25:28

I have had some electrolysis for mine, it hurt like hell. I used Ametop (sp?) gel to numb it before hand. It did work, but she warned me that they would return if I git pregnant. They have all come back. It wasn't cheap, £50 a session or something like that, and it was 6 years ago. I would like to try IPL or laser for it next time, although I'm sure that's painful too!

Herbsmum Fri 12-Oct-12 18:31:58

Hi. I had IPL. It was about £60 a session. I had 4 but really 3 was enough.
Am absolutely thrilled with the results a year on. They said I may need more if they come back in future.
Thoroughly recommend my experience and wish I had had it done years sooner.

hettie Fri 12-Oct-12 18:47:06

Thanks for the info.... Am complete wimp,so may not be able to do the needle thing..... If I leave them are they likely to get worse?

Herbsmum Fri 12-Oct-12 19:26:47

The IPL is like being flicked with a rubber band several times. Makes your eyes water but totally manageable. No needles. I suppose they will get worse. Look into it. I really would consider doing it again if need arises.

ggirl Fri 12-Oct-12 19:29:04

I had electrolysis and they came straight back..

Dollydowser Fri 12-Oct-12 20:19:17

Herbsmum where did you have it done, if you don't mind me asking?

hettie Fri 12-Oct-12 22:06:38

Right, will Defo be looking into ipl.... Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now