Talk

Advanced search

Best merino/cashmere/soft fine-knit cardigan on a budget?

(12 Posts)
Lastyearsmodel Fri 12-Oct-12 13:27:39

Would like to get DMum a lovely warm cardi for Christmas. The sort of thing you could snuggle up in to read on a cold afternoon, but not so bulky it would get in the way when you went to make a cuppa.

Cashmere/merino or just nice quality blend, probably longish wraparound/open/waterfall style, size 16-18, browns, greens, warm pink/red? Would love a Brora budget but back in the real world, as far under £100 as possible.

Any ideas where I could start looking? Any recommendations for long-lastability?

kerstina Fri 12-Oct-12 13:33:02

My dad has bought lambswool sweaters from Woolovers seem to be good quality but not too expensive.

azazello Fri 12-Oct-12 14:20:04

Try Uniqlo too.

justasecond Fri 12-Oct-12 14:23:46

TK Maxx had some lovely ones in when I last went a couple of weeks ago
like this
its angora though

QueenieLovesEels Fri 12-Oct-12 14:24:26

Try autograph cashmere search on eBay. They have some wrap and waterfall cardigans for around £50- some less and they are new.

I really rate autograph cashmere. It is really soft and washes well.

Lastyearsmodel Fri 12-Oct-12 16:48:02

Thank you, great ideas. Off to peruse...

alemci Fri 12-Oct-12 16:52:11

I just looked at Uniqlo too. The colours are very pretty and the prices reasonable. do they last and wash well azazello.

azazello Fri 12-Oct-12 16:54:14

The jumpers I have from Uniqlo haven't lasted as well as the one I have from Brora but I haven't treated it nicely - washing machine plus occasional accidental tumble dry!

On that basis they are still smart enough for work and in reasonably good nick after a couple of years.

Itsgottabebags Fri 12-Oct-12 20:14:59

TK Maxx. Both online and in a shop

hermioneweasley Fri 12-Oct-12 20:15:51

La redoute for bargainous cashmere

Stevie77 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:49:58

H&M have cashmere knits for good prices at the moment.

HerRoyalNotness Sat 13-Oct-12 00:58:33

I got a nice one from banana republic, lightweight and warm, it's only a blend though, but is only £55. They have grey,cream, maroon and navy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now