Talk

Advanced search

autumn (not winter) coat needed

(5 Posts)
lurkingfromhome Fri 12-Oct-12 10:05:36

I have a wardrobe bursting at the seams with winter coats and parkas but they all seem a bit too warm for this weather so I need something to take me through the autumn until it gets really cold. But what? The shops seem to be full of winter coats already!

It needs to be grey or navy, preferably, although black would be fine. Knee length so that I can wear it with skirts/dresses and trousers. Not too dressy, not too casual, again so that I can wear it with everything. Nothing double-breasted. And (I realise how fussy this is making me sound), nothing that looks wrong if it's left unfastened as I like to throw coats on and have them open. Waterproof would be an advantage but not necessary as I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a separate waterproof coat for dog walking etc.

I literally can't see anything in the shops that fits the bill. Half the problem is that I have nothing in mind and so have no idea what I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

justasecond Fri 12-Oct-12 10:11:57

I love this, probably not for everyone, it looks better on than in the pic. Its really soft and unlined, more of a cardi coat
zara
this also nice although wish the sleeves were real leather
zara agin

lurkingfromhome Fri 12-Oct-12 10:15:01

Oh that first one is just fantastic, thank you! Absolutely my kind of thing. I'd probably have looked at it on the website and dismissed it as being too wintery looking. Brilliant!

Abzs Fri 12-Oct-12 12:16:30

See also People Tree (Black or navy).

justasecond Fri 12-Oct-12 13:11:03

ooh lurking glad you like it, I thought I was alone as DH thinks it looks like a dressing gown (he is wrong) I bought it the other day and was umming and ahhing over it as it is a bit expensive but I do love it, its so soft and lovely on. Just a warning though it only comes in size medium which is fine but there is some variation in the sleeve length, the shop assistant said it was because they are handmade. I had to try on a fair few to get one long enough for my freakishly long arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now