Talk

Advanced search

Hair gurus - find me pictures of a style that I would like

(18 Posts)
Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 09:45:11

A challenge for you - can you find me pictures online of styles that would be good for my hair?

Nearly all the pictures I see are posed with models who have thick hair that is naturally straight/wavy but has been engineered into curls. This is the opposite of my hair.

My hair is very fine, as in there is not a lot of it. If I twist it into a ponytail there's about a thick marker pen's worth.

It's also curly. Quite tight curls. I have no wish to straighten it. Or to have a fringe!

The curls have actually changed in the past few years, I have a feeling that changing my contraceptive changed how the hair grew (hormones and stuff, that's possible right?) so it's now curlier than it used to be.

Currently just-below-shoulders when wet/straight, just-above-shoulders when curly.

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 09:48:44

"Best hairstyles for curly hair"

IF YOU HAVE FINE TO MEDIUM HAIR WITH TIGHT SPIRAL CURLS ... Get a really long haircut with layers.

I can't do that. It wont grow any longer than this. I have tried.

Caerlaverock Fri 12-Oct-12 09:51:31

Charlez theron?

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 09:55:29

My first response - thank you smile

Were you pointing at a particular one there? I got a whole page.

She appears to have wavy hair that can be persuaded to curl, rather than curly hair.

Caerlaverock Fri 12-Oct-12 10:11:05

No I just thought there were a few ideas there. Could you persuade your hair to not curl so much?

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 10:12:10

This is beautiful, for example but my hair wouldn't do it.

Caerlaverock Fri 12-Oct-12 10:13:23

scroll down for curly short look

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 10:13:32

My hair is not quite as curly as this (and there is a lot less of it) but that is the type of curls that I have. Small ones about as wide as my thumb.

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 10:26:56

This one?

I'm not sure if I like it.

I am going to wash may hair and see what a side parting does...

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 13:16:12

Anyone about this lunchtime?

BardOfBarking Fri 12-Oct-12 13:36:51

Can you post a photo on your profile, from the back if you don't want to reveal. I'm finding it hard to picture what you have to work with.

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 17:39:25

Can you see the pictures?

They are from the side, taken myself with my phone, so they are a bit crap, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Bear in mind that I was inspired this morning to do a side-parting so this is more than half of my hair.

Caerlaverock Fri 12-Oct-12 17:44:17

Your hair is fabulous!

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 17:48:11

Thanks smile

The curls are great, which is why I want to keep them.

But I wish there were more of them.

If you look at me from the front you can see what's behind me through my hair, IYSWIM. I want impenetrable tresses like Sleeping Beauty's vines.

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 17:50:59

Nearly all the pics that I like are of mixed-race women.

My hair won't grow long enough to do this

Trills Fri 12-Oct-12 17:51:33

Oi, MNHQ, why have you made it so people can put pictures in threads in some topics but not in S&B? Surely this is a very picture-y topic?

OliviaLMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Oct-12 19:57:58

Oi, Trills it has its own topic here

Trills Sat 13-Oct-12 10:01:50

But... Why? I don't understand... Why make more topics? People don't post in the right ones as it is.

What's your hair like Olivia? You are one of the cool HQers so do you have funky hair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now