Talk

Advanced search

can I wear this dress to a wedding, and if yes, what with?

(5 Posts)
sappak Thu 11-Oct-12 21:38:04

Colleague's wedding in a few weeks -- actually a civil partnership ceremony, but quite big and fancy, I think-- and this is what I came up with when I went shopping this week. (A rare event - 2DDs at home smile

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0212-5554-3886L00&productvarid=0212-5554-3886L00-BLACK-12&refpage=dresses

It's not as short on me as on the model, and I do like it, but I'm not sure it's right for a wedding and don't know what to wear it with. Am ridiculously klutzy and could never pull off serious heeled boots as in the picture, tho I do like the idea of boots. There's no way to add a belt for color. A bag?

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 11-Oct-12 21:41:04

where (eg small registry office, big stately home) and what time of day is the wedding? I love the dress, but think it needs some bright colour to lift it for a celebratory occasion

sappak Thu 11-Oct-12 21:46:01

Afternoon wedding, historic London art gallery venue

noddyholder Thu 11-Oct-12 21:59:27

I love it I think its great for that sort of 'do'.I like it as she is wearing it I would wear like that. What is your hair like?

sappak Thu 11-Oct-12 22:04:10

Well, my hair is sort of a mess, now that you mention it! I have formerly curly hair that went wavy (and gray-ish!) during pregnancy, and I've never figured out what to do with it. Shoulder- length sort of shag cut, dirty blond. Not the best.

What do you think about shoes/boots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now