Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to sort me a capsule wardrobe?

(7 Posts)
nm123 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:27:50

I'm shit at shopping and short on time and could really do with a hand with getting some new garms.

Back to work soon after DD1 but will be working from home and am keen not to turn into an ultra slob. Social life has taken a bit of a dive after having DD, but we try to do nice things during the day rather than the evenings now. I'm 32, size 10, currently live in skinny jeans, converse and an old parka, or dresses plus leggings with a cardi. Would love to look a bit more glam and grown up, but not footballer wifey/TOWIE or frumpy/mumsy.

I remember Gok saying that a capsule wardrobe should have 24 key items... So what do I need?

Hopefully Thu 11-Oct-12 21:36:53

How casual do you want to be? Dresses and tights and boots, naice loungewear (like Hush), skinnies and nice tops, office-casual?

Pick a fairly limited palette and stick with it, so everything goes with everything else.

mirpuppet Thu 11-Oct-12 22:41:51

A jacket/blazer could smarten up your look.

Wheresmypopcorn Fri 12-Oct-12 02:26:20

Glam black shoe boots.

Wheresmypopcorn Fri 12-Oct-12 02:26:31

A tuxedo jacket

Wheresmypopcorn Fri 12-Oct-12 02:27:17

Burgundy lippy (okay not wardrobe but still nice to have)

mewkins Fri 12-Oct-12 09:01:37

I am probably the last person to advise on a capsule wardrobe but I think that first I would lay out what I have and keep anything that I love and fitted me well/suits me. Get rid of anything old and/or ill-fitting. Keep special occassion things that may come in handy later. Then I would, from those, choose a colour palette to stick with. Personally I have a lot of grey and navy maybe with a few bright pink splashes ( a few accessories or a pattern with that in) so would build on that and go for something like 6 tops (long and short sleeved), 4 vest tops for layering, 2 cardigans, 2 jumpers, one pair of well-fitting indigo skinny jeans, one or two pairs of coloured skinnies/cords, two skirt (one plain, one patterned), blazer in navy or grey, nice winter.coat.Then accessories and shoes to suit your lifestyle eg, flat boots, converse and pair of heels?

As a start a wardrobe clearout and adding accessories to what you already have should help. Just by wearing tights instead of leggings and wearing heels will straight away make something look more grown up.
Hth!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now