Talk

Advanced search

DKNY bags -what's the quality like?

(9 Posts)
TheKettle Thu 11-Oct-12 16:37:42

I've seen a DKNY bag that I like very much - suprised because it's not normally a brand that I like.
Has anyone got/had a DKNY bag if so are they decent quality or just overpriced tat?

worldgonecrazy Thu 11-Oct-12 16:41:49

Made in China, overpriced tat. Incidentally DK stuff was made by a subcontractor in an American sweatshop. When a class action was taken out against the company by American workers, DK just moved production to China. Says it all really.

TheKettle Thu 11-Oct-12 16:48:30

That's a pity because I do really like this particular bag.
Any suggestions for a brand that I can get a good quality leather tote/shopper, up to about £250 ?

suburbandweller Thu 11-Oct-12 17:02:06

I would keep an eye on the Outnet if you haven't already and aren't in any rush - they often have high end bags on there in your sort of budget. New stock comes in on Mondays, Tuesday and Fridays. I've had a Marc Jacobs for that sort of price from there - just had a look for you and there isn't much on there at the moment, but that's probably because the best buys tend to be snapped up on the days they come into stock.

I would recommend Marc by Marc Jacobs otherwise - they tend to be lovely soft leather.

Itsgottabebags Thu 11-Oct-12 17:41:14

Longchamp possibly as an alternative.

TheKettle Thu 11-Oct-12 18:05:05

I've got a Longchamp Pliage, had it for years and years and it's taken a beating during that time.Still going strong! Not leather of course but I'll have a look at their whole collection.

I do like Marc Jabobs bags very much. I think I will just hang on a while longer, and get my budget up to about £450 before I take the plunge. Will keep looking on Outnet, thanks for the tip.

Itsgottabebags Sun 14-Oct-12 13:46:20

Radley for Mary Portas has a leather tote that is on sale at the outlets at the moment.

Pinot Sun 14-Oct-12 17:11:31

DKNY is shite, sadly.

Donna Karan range is nice. I don't know owt about the china thing though.

anniewoo Sun 14-Oct-12 23:54:10

I have a small leather DKNY bag and the leather is lovely and soft. I love it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now