Talk

Advanced search

Knee length boots for those who are chunky of calf

(11 Posts)
LulaPalooza Thu 11-Oct-12 13:54:08

I know there have been a number of threads on this topic recently, so apologies for starting a new one but the original threads have dropped off the first couple of pages in S&B.

Anyhoo, I am Chunky of Calf (CoC) and have just purchased these

They fit perfectly, are not baggy in the ankle, look nice (admittedly they are not sexy boots) and are ruddy comfy as well. Comfort in footwear used to be an added bonus but it's an essential these days <is old>.

I'm normally a 42 calf width in Duo boots, but these could work on bigger/ smaller calves than that due to the elastic panel at the back. What's nice is that the panel is not looking obvious or strained. It sort of blends into the boots.

I am v happy with them and wanted to share as I know how hard it is getting boots to fit if you are CoC. They come in brown leather and black patent as well.

CaroleService Thu 11-Oct-12 14:16:58

They wouldn't go round my 47cm calves, sadly - had to send them back. I could JUST zip them up but they were very uncomfortable.

I would say they'd do up to a 44cm calf quite nicely. There was a 20% off code floating around a couple of weeks ago, too!.

LulaPalooza Thu 11-Oct-12 15:36:57

Sorry to hear that, Carole

Gah! missed the 20% off voucher

foofooyeah Thu 11-Oct-12 15:51:15

I rather like the look of these - may have to show my Mum in the hope that she buys them for me :-)

HipHopOpotomus Thu 11-Oct-12 15:58:50

BOOST will get you 20% off adult Clarks - vaild until 15/10.

I would LOVE those boots in chestnut (or even black). I was going to buy some using above code, but sadly they are out of stock in most sizes inc mine sad

CaroleService Thu 11-Oct-12 16:03:26

Well, a pair of 6 in black will be showing again soon!

LulaPalooza Thu 11-Oct-12 16:22:12

Nooooooooooooo to 20% off vouchers! Why oh why didn't I check first?!

HipHopOpotomus Thu 11-Oct-12 16:58:21

sorry Lula - someone else might be able to use it though smile

No doubt the boots will come back into stock just as the voucher expires so I will have to pay full price too

HipHopOpotomus Thu 11-Oct-12 16:59:07

one of my 'new' mottos is NEVER NEVER NEVER buy anything new without checking for a discount code/voucher on MN first.

pigleychez Thu 11-Oct-12 17:14:39

Im about a 42 too and just bought these http://www.next.co.uk/g653128s2#766226g65

They are great. Really comfy and a good price.

janji Thu 11-Oct-12 23:45:03

Bought the black patent ones a couple if weeks ago with the 20% off. These are the first pair of calf length boots I have been able to buy in 5 yrs. recommended!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now