Talk

Advanced search

BOOTS No 7- verdict?

(10 Posts)
MissBoPeep Thu 11-Oct-12 09:09:24

I admit I am a bit of a skincare snob- have used Clinique and Ren for ages mainly as I have sensitive skin. But looking at No 7 it has been revamped and is half the price. Not so convinced about the make up ( though the foundation looks much better) but might try some skincare.
Anyone got any opinions?

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 09:10:09

The foundation is lovely on my skin.

MissBoPeep Thu 11-Oct-12 09:14:19

Which one are you using? I'm looking at Lift and Luminate ( was most upset that the asst asked if I wanted " anti-ageing") or Long Last.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 09:16:32

Mine is this one

I have combination skin, and it's sensitive too. I had my colour matched, and it did work.

SorrelForbes Thu 11-Oct-12 09:17:31

I'm using Lift and Luminate and am very pleased with it. The sales assistant did day it was designed for older skins than mine but I can't see why. I think it's very similar to the new YSL Touché Éclat foundation.

xEmilyJx Thu 11-Oct-12 10:12:42

I recently had a reaction to Clinique moisturizer and had horrible dry patches on my face. The No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask really helped (along with the other 30 things I panic bought in Boots!)

bacon Thu 11-Oct-12 10:56:02

No7 is fantastic value and compared with other expensive brands is definately on par with quality. I would love to see some blind testing done as I'm sure they would be tops. Just seems to get snooty remarks from some ladies.

I love their foundation, I usually buy on e-bay as its a lot cheaper and occassionally find a product thats been used once so cheap cheap.

Absolutely, YSL Touche Eclat under eye is def same as theirs, I had by Terry and paid £35 for the joy of having the same as the NO7 equivalent - what a rip off just paying for the packaging.

Itsgottabebags Thu 11-Oct-12 18:20:28

I would say stick to what you know skin care wise.

SaraBellumHertz Thu 11-Oct-12 18:23:04

I've just started using lift and luminary and rate it better than anything else I've used (including Chanel, Lancôme & Estée Lauder)

The colour is perfect for my skin tone and the finish is great

boodles Thu 11-Oct-12 19:00:39

In skincare the No7 and Botanics are mostly exactly the same things, just in different packaging. Like that perfect serum from No7 has the same product in Botanics but for about half the price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now